EUREKA Chairmanship >TURKEY 2012/2013
Turkey takes over the EUREKA Chairmanship in July 2012 for a year, with a commitment to make EUREKA a global platform for coopetitive innovation.
"MAKE EUREKA A PLATFORM FOR COOPETITIVE INNOVATION"
Nihat ERGÜN - Minister of Science, Industry and Technology
Cooperative competition, or coopetition is a concept stemming from game theory. Coopetition occurs when competitors work together to reach a common goal. In EUREKA projects, competitors cooperate with each other to reach a higher value creation if compared to the value created without interaction.
Turkey was one of the founding members of EUREKA in 1985. Turkey is determined to transform into a knowledge-based economy and aims to uncover and utilize the innovation capabilities of its young and dynamic population.
Learn more on the website of the Turkish EUREKA Chairmanship.
The priorities of the Turkish EUREKA Chairmanship are the following:
- Re-build EUREKA's International Cooperation Strategy.
- Increase the number of EUREKA projects in cooperation with Third Countries.
- Exploit the opportunities provided by the approved 1-to-1 rule.
- Discuss the international cooperation approach of each EUREKA Cluster and set specific actions towards targeted countries.
Remain the preferred Platform for Innovation
- Improve the project generation potential of EUREKA Umbrellas.
- Explore non-grant supports such as loans within the EUREKA system.
- Apply a systematic call system for EUREKA Individual Projects in order to stimulate potential customers.
- Implement the policy designed to strengthen the regional dimension of EUREKA.
- Build a Steering Committee for Eurostars 2.0 paving the way for the launch of the new programme in 2014.
- Professionalise of the EUREKA Network.
- Foster competitiveness and cooperation between industries in EUREKA Member Countries by initiating strategic initiatives that can develop into new EUREKA Clusters.
- Initiate a new EUREKA Food Cluster inspired by the efforts in this direction developed under the preceding chairmanship.
- Integrate Clusters in the decision-making process via the EUREKA Inter-Cluster Committee.
Cover the Entire Innovation Process
- Continuously promote EUREKA/Eurostars labelled SMEs within the Venture Capital ecosystem and communicate the success stories.
- Sustain a dialogue platform between the EUREKA Network and Venture Capital.
- Organise an Inter-parliamentary Conference on the topic of "Financing Innovation".