The three parties Business Finland, CORFO and the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) intend to fund joint research and development (R&D) projects of Finnish, Chilean, and German partner organisations. Applicants are expected to develop marketable products, services or technologies with high market potential in Chile, Finland, Germany and/or Europe
|Deadline Phase 1||30.09.2018|
|Feedback on Phase 1 Applications||19.10.2018|
|Deadline Phase 2||14.12.2018|
|Selected projects receive E! Label||March 2019 at the latest|
|Funding Decision||March 2019 at the latest|
This call invites projects in all thematic areas. However, special focus is given to the following suggested domains:
- Sustainable use of natural resources
- Sustainable Mining
- Energy: - Solar energy
- Smart industries
The announcement invites partners to present joint industrial R&D projects until 30.09.2018.
Expected project results will have to contribute to the development of commercial products, applications and / or technology-based services. The project proposals have to comply with the following guidelines:
- The consortia should include at least two companies from two of the participating countries (participation of research institutes/universities is welcome as additional participants or as subcontractor according to each country’s funding regulations). The submitting institutions from both countries should be independent companies.
- Companies from other countries may also participate, but they will not be funded by the participating parties of this call.
- The project partners must express the will to cooperate, on an equal base. The product, process or service must be innovative and there must be a technological risk involved.
- The project should have an obvious advantage and added value resulting from the technological cooperation between the participants (e.g. increased knowledge base, commercial leads, access to R&D infrastructure etc.).
- The project should demonstrate the contribution of all the partners from the participating countries, and the project must be significant to them.
- The participants are required, to have signed a consortium agreement.
Any consortium whose cooperative R&D project is consistent with the aforesaid criteria can apply to the present announcement in accordance with the national laws, rules, regulations, and procedures in effect.
Submission and approval procedures
Partners will be asked to present a project outline in English via the EUREKA Project Application Form
- Prior consultation with the official contact persons in the respective national EUREKA offices is strongly advised (see details below).
- The EUREKA application form shall be used to describe the Project Outline and the partners in short wordings. Write even less than the text place indicates. The impact percentages can be omitted.
- The completed EUREKA Project Application Form (and any additional information according to each agency) should be submitted by the main participant to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org; until 30 September 2018, 05:00 pm CET, with the subject “German Chilean Finish Joint Call August 2018”.
- The project forms will be screened and evaluated by EUREKA National Project Coordinators (NPCs) assisted by technical experts in the National Funding Bodies (NFBs).
- Business Finland, CORFO and BMBF will decide about funding R&D projects according to their national evaluation processes and according to joint priorities by March 2019.
Each country will follow its funding procedure according to its national rules. Funding conditions and eligibility criteria vary between both participating countries. Main aspects of the national funding criteria are briefly explained below:
In Chile, apart from the EUREKA Project Application (phase 1) the participants invited to proceed to phase 2 must submit a formal national application through Corfo’s website (www.corfo.cl), including the signed version of the Eureka Application Form and the final consortium agreement.
Information on requirements and full eligibility criteria for Chile Applicants is available in the Corfo terms and conditions document (Bases Programa de Innovación Corfo Eureka). The reading of this terms and conditions (Bases Programa de Innovación Corfo Eureka) document is compulsory for all Chile Applicants. There is a 70% limit on the amount of work one country can undertake.
Please contact the Chilean EUREKA Office for further information.
Innovation Funding Agency Business Finland is an accelerator of global growth. We create new growth by helping businesses go global and by supporting and funding innovations. Our top experts and the latest research data enable companies to seize market opportunities and turn them into success stories.
Business Finland was created on 1st January 2018 by the merger of two organizations: Finpro, which offered services for internationalization, investments and tourism promotion, and Tekes, which offered funding for innovation activities. We aim to develop Finland to be the most attractive and competitive innovation environment in which companies are able to grow, change, and succeed.
Please contact the Finnish EUREKA Office for further information.
Funding: Business Finland finances business research and development projects, and public research projects at universities, research institutes and universities of applied sciences. Every year, hundreds of companies and research groups work with Business Finland and receive funding from us for research, development and innovation activities. The funding information is publicly available. More details you can explore here:
In Germany, apart from the EUREKA Project Application (phase 1) participants will have to submit a formal project application using the official application system of the federal government when selected for phase 2. In Germany, funding will be provided by BMBF. The DLR Project Management Agency (European and International Cooperation Division) will, on behalf of BMBF, be responsible for the application and funding procedure of the projects.
The Federal Ministry of Education and Research will finance research and/or technological development activities of German companies, universities and research centers.
Only proposals in the thematic areas Sustainable use of natural resources, Sustainable Mining and Energy: - Solar energy are eligible for funding
On the German side, the consortium has to consist of at least one German company/SME, based in Germany. Research institutes/universities can participate as partners or subcontractors. The project proposals have to comply with the following guidelines:
- The project consortiums should consist of one company from Germany and at least one additional independent company from any of the EUREKA member countries participating in this call. Participation of research institutes/universities is welcome as partners or subcontractors according to each country’s funding regulations.
- The funding rate for companies amounts to up to 50% of eligible costs, and for universities and research institutes up to 100% of eligible costs. Universities can apply for a project flatrate of 20%.
- Participation on the basis of other funding programmes or by own financial resources (self-financing) is always possible for companies and research institutes.
For phase 1: In addition to the EUREKA Project Application Form the German applicants have to submit the following information:
- A project description (as a separate pdf-file, max. 10 pages) along the following structure:
- economic and social impact of the project results
- achievement of a critical mass and better use of limited resources in fields of mutual interest
- mutual access to cross-border and European value chains
- A description of budget allocations, i.e. estimated percentages for personnel, travel, material, consumables, other (please specify).
Please contact DLR-PT for further information regarding the funding criteria.
Project consortia selected for the formal application (second phase) will be informed about the necessary further steps in due time. Regulations of type "AZK" for companies and of type "AZA" for public institutions will apply.