The 6th European Conference on Corporate R&D and Innovation, a bi-annual European Conference, will aim to present and discuss both theoretical and empirical contributions relevant to corporate R&D, innovation and technological advancement.
Organised by the Joint Research Centre (JRC) in association with the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), CONCORDi 2017 aims to identify the research, business and policy challenges in this area, and to provide guidance to the EU industrial research and innovation policy agenda.
The conference will be structured in plenary sessions (with interventions by invited speakers and round-table panellists), parallel sessions (with presenters selected following the call for papers) and posters sessions.
The programme will fwill discuss issues related to the economics and policy of corporate R&D and innovation, such as:
- Employment, productivity and growth effects of firms' investment in Research, Development and Innovation
- Entrepreneurship and firms demographics in knowledge intensive activities, and the impact on industrial composition
- Industrial modernisation (advanced manufacturing, digitalisation of production, etc.) and its dynamics
- Current technological frontiers (e.g. "big data" and new analytical techniques such as artificial intelligence) and next generation of technological discoveries (identification, effects and policy issues)
- Geography of industrial innovation and territorial development: challenges and opportunities in the EU
- Knowledge flows and collaboration between companies and other actors of innovation ecosystems at different territorial levels
- R&D and innovation activities in global value chains.