EUROGIA2020 aims to support and promote transnational, low carbon energy technology projects
EUROGIA2020 covers the entire energy mix from all forms of primary energy sources (except nuclear), through transportation and distribution, all the way to efficiency in end-use whether industrial or for individual consumers. It also includes transverse technologies such as materials, IT or manufacturing technologies that support the energy system.
EUROGIA2020 is complementary to existing European and national programmes and offers the route to fast market growth through European co-operation.
The Initiative focuses on innovative solution that will satisfy growing energy demands:
- by reducing the negative externalities of our energy consumption
- by satisfying growing energy demands with innovative solutions
- by providing affordable, cleaner and safer energy through innovative technologies.
EUROGIA 2020 Implements its global vision through a series of actions:
- being an inclusive player (all types of participants are welcome)
- promoting of low-carbon energy technologies through intervention in public fora
- maintaining a network of industrial and academic contacts to facilitate project generation in low carbon technologies
- granting a Quality Label to proposed RD&I collaborative projects in order to facilitate public authorities support for such projects.
Funding is granted via EUREKA Countries' national programmes. With the assistance of EUROGIA2020 Public Authorities Committee, Project Proposers are informed about the funding possibilities from the beginning of submission process.
The application process for a EUROGIA2020 project proposal is a two-stage submission and evaluation procedure.
- Complete and submit a Project Outline (PO) of maximum 15 pages.
- Submission of Full Project Proposal (FPP) upon successful evaluation of the PO by the Technical Commitee, and based on the feedback from relevant Public Authorities.