As the European Commission prepares to launch the largest ever framework programme for research and innovation (Horizon Europe), so too is EUREKA stepping up its level of ambition and rolling out a strengthened and simplified support system, including the successor of Eurostars.
Join us at this evening event where policymakers will present and debate:
- How can the actors in the global innovation ecosystem work better together?
- How can we ensure a future-proof global innovation ecosystem?
- What is the best way to help SMEs to reach their potential throughout the innovation journey - before and after commercialization?
- How can industry and public funders best work together through open innovation models towards the reindustrialization of Europe?
This event is strictly by invitation only.
17:00 – Doors open
17.30 - Opening and welcome address - Tim Bestwick, EUREKA UK Chairmanship
17:35 – EU Commissioner Carlos Moedas – the importance of global innovation collaboration and the example of Eurostars, as a winning combination of EU and national public funding for ground-breaking market-driven innovation
17.45 – How can all the actors in global innovation work better together? What measures need to be taken to enable a fit-for-purpose global innovation ecosystem for the future?
A panel discussion with leading innovation policymakers:
- Ian Campbell, Executive Chair, Innovate UK
- Aleš Cantarutti, State Secretary, Ministry of Economic Development and Technology, Slovenia
- Henrietta Egerth, Head of the FFG, Austria
- Francisco Marin, Director-General, CDTI, Spain
- Pekka Soini, Director-General, Business Finland
18.20 – The secret of my success: A panel discussion between large and small companies for whom success has in part been due to support received from EUREKA
18.40 – Conclusions and a toast to the 10 years of Eurostars
Drinks, finger food and the opportunity to network with other invitees
20:00 – Event closes