ITEA is the EUREKA Cluster programme supporting innovative, industry-driven, pre-competitive R&D projects in the area of Software-intensive Systems & Services (SiSS), a key driver of innovation in Europe’s most competitive industries. ITEA stimulates projects in an open community of large industrial players, SMEs, universities, research institutes and user organisations. As ITEA is a EUREKA Cluster, the community is founded in Europe based on the EUREKA principles and is open to participants worldwide. ITEA's mission is to optimise support for companies and R&D actors active in ITEA projects in the area of SISS, thus making best use of funding made available by the ITEA supporting countries.
Now in its third instalment, ITEA 3 builds on the foundations of ITEA 1 and 2. Based on this heritage, several improvement priorities were set for ITEA 3, offering an even more dynamic approach. The ITEA 3 Cluster:
- Represents an agile organisation with an ISO 9001:2008 quality management system in place to ensure adaptability to the forthcoming changes in industry;
- Created a Living Roadmap, including a State-of-the-Art database, to support the launch of new ITEA projects as a continually updated baseline for innovation;
- Maintains strong partnerships with other EUREKA Clusters and ARTEMIS as well as national competitiveness clusters; and
- Has restructured its annual call calendar to ensure that there is the possibility of moving from project idea to project start within a 10-month period.
National applications for funding should be submitted after ITEA labelling (or earlier depending on national procedures). Since the deadline for such submissions varies from country to country, each project partner should get in touch with the relevant public authority’s contact person well in advance to know the deadline, the information to be gathered and/or the forms to be filled in. More information here.
Once a year, ITEA offers the opportunity to submit research project proposals that fit in the domain of software-intensive systems and services. For this purpose, a Call is organised each year starting with a two-day brokerage event. In a two-stage procedure, the quality of the project proposal is evaluated and improved, finally leading to a selection of high quality project proposals that receive the official ITEA label.
Two-stage Call process
- Producing a Project Outline (PO), which gives a short overview of a project. Project Outlines which are positively evaluated are invited for the second step;
- Producing a Full Project Proposal (FPP), which describes the project plan and how the project will be executed and managed. Approved FPPs will receive the ITEA label.