- EUREKA Association AISBL
- Rue Neerveld 107, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
- BE 0429.585.680
(here below « EUREKA »)
It explains, among others:
- What personal data EUREKA collects;
- How EUREKA uses that information;
- The rights to which you are entitled, including how to access and update information.
By submitting personal data on this website, you declare that you have read and agree to this policy.
Article 1 – Overview
- EUREKA complies with the "Law of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy regarding the processing of personal data", as amended by the Law of 11 December 1998 and the anti-spam provisions of Book XII of the Code of Economic Law on the "Law of the Electronic Economy".
- EUREKA also complies, by this Regulation, with the European Regulation 2016/679 of 27. APril 2016 concerning the personal data.
Article 2 – Personal Data EUREKA collects
2.1 EUREKA collects personal data and other information to fulfil its mission and operate its services.
2.2 EUREKA collects information in the following ways:
- Registering to EUREKA. Many of EUREKA services require to sign up for an EUREKA account. In this case, EUREKA asks for personal information, like name, email address, telephone number, … to store with the account.
- Use of EUREKA services. EUREKA collects information about the services that you use and how you use them, when you access a platform, execute specific tasks, or view and interact with various content. This information includes:
- Log information
When you use EUREKA services or view content, certain information is automatically collected and stored in server logs. This includes:
- details of how you used the service, such as search queries.
- internet protocol address.
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request that may uniquely identify your browser or your EUREKA Account.
- Cookies and similar technologies
EUREKA uses various technologies to collect and store information when you visit a EUREKA service, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. EUREKA also uses these technologies to collect and store information.
Article 3 – Purposes of the treatment
3.1. EUREKA assigns personal data to deliver services, such as:
- allowing experts to assess the projects published on EUREKA website, making their opinion available, and letting EUREKA users access this information and the description of the projects based on the performance of a contract,
- sending messages to inform you about EUREKA activities and to improve service offerings, which may include from time to time invitations to participate in polls or to answer tests or enquiries, based on your express and prior consent;
You have no obligation to provide your personal data, but you must be aware that the provision of specific services is impossible when you object to the processing of such data.
3.2 EUREKA also uses the collected information from its services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect EUREKA and users. EUREKA also uses this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results.
3.3 When you contact EUREKA, a record of communication is kept helping solve any issues you might be facing.
3.5 EUREKA processes personal information on servers that may be located outside the country where you live (those servers are located in the European Union).
Article 4 – Access by third parties
EUREKA does not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of EUREKA network unless one of the following circumstances applies:
4.1. With your consent
EUREKA will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of EUREKA network when you opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
4.2. With EUREKA program officers & domain administrators
EUREKA accounts are managed by a business line program officer and by domain administrators who provide technical user support.
EUREKA restricts direct access to personal data to members of the EUREKA network (including national project coordinator and experts), and where relevant to the European Commission. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution if they fail to meet these obligations. As far as possible, inside the EUREKA network, the access to personal data is limited to what is strictly necessary.
If you have a EUREKA Expert account, your name, personal resume and mission availability may also be displayed to Expert selection panels.
EUREKA can give access to personal data to collaborators when a similar level of protection is contractually guaranteed.
4.3. For Legal / Regulatory reasons
- EUREKA will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals if that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect the rights, property or safety of EUREKA, EUREKA users or the public if required or permitted by law.
- The reorganization or the total or partial transfer of the activities of EUREKA, in the context of which it would reorganize, transfer or cease its professional activities, or the bankruptcy of EUREKA, could mean the transfer of personal data to new entities or new third parties exercising all or part of the business activities of EUREKA.
- In exceptional cases, it may be necessary for EUREKA to disclose personal data pursuant to a court injunction or to comply with mandatory regulations or legislation.
- If necessary, EUREKA will make reasonable attempts to inform you in advance, subject to the limits provided by law.
Article 5 – Duration of treatment
5.1. EUREKA stores and processes personal data for the period necessary depending on the purpose of the processing and the contractual relationship between you and EUREKA.
Article 6 – Your rights
6.1. Right of access and consultation:
You have the right to know, at any time and for free, your personal data, as well as the way EUREKA uses them.
6.2. Right of rectification, erasure and limitation:
You are free to communicate or not personal data to EUREKA. You also have the right to ask EUREKA to rectify, complete or delete personal data. You acknowledge that in case of refusal of communication or request for deletion of personal data, some services will no longer be delivered. You may also request to limit the processing of personal data. In the case that the information you provided becomes out of date, you are free to notify EUREKA, and the information will be rectified within a reasonable time and in accordance with legislative requirements.
6.3. Right of opposition:
You also have the right to object to the processing of personal data for serious and legitimate reasons. You have always the right to refuse the processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes.
6.4. Right of free transfer of data:
You have the right to obtain personal data that EUREKA has processed in a structured, usual and computer-readable form and/or to transfer it to other processors.
6.5. Right of withdrawal of consent
If the treatment is based on prior consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent.
If at any time after giving personal information you decide that you no longer wish EUREKA to hold or use this information, you are free to notify EUREKA, and the information will be removed within a reasonable time and in accordance with legislative requirements.
6.6. Exercise of your rights:
You can exercise your rights by contacting EUREKA for this purpose by browsing the section « Contact » of the website, by sending an email to email@example.com or by post addressed to EUREKA Secretariat, Rue Neerveld 107, 1200 Brussels, Belgium. A copy of your identity card will be requested to limit the risk of identity theft.
EUREKA may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic or that prevent EUREKA from delivering services, contractual obligations, legal duty which could impose unreasonable constraints, or put at risk the privacy of others, or for which access is not otherwise required.
6.7 Automatic decisions and profiling
The processing of your personal data is not profiled. EUREKA does not subject you to automatic decisions.
6.8. Right to file a complaint:
You have the right to file a complaint to the Data Protection Authority, Rue de la Presse 35, B-1000 Bruxelles, Tél. +32 (0)2 274 48 00, Fax +32 (0)2 274 48 35, email : firstname.lastname@example.org
This complaint does not prejudice proceedings in a civil court.
If you suffer damage because of the processing of personal data, you can bring an action for damages.
Article 7 – Security and confidentiality
7.1. EUREKA has developed technically and organizationally appropriate security measures to prevent the destruction, loss, falsification, alteration, unauthorized access or misrepresentation of personal data to third parties, as well as any other unauthorized processing of such data.
7.2. EUREKA can under no circumstances be held liable for any direct or indirect damage resulting from the wrongful or unlawful use of personal data by a third party.
7.3. You must always follow the security instructions, particularly by preventing any unauthorized access to your username and password. You are solely responsible for the use of the Website from your computer, IP address and credentials, and their privacy.
Article 8 – Cookies
8.1. A "cookie" is a small file sent by the server of the website and installed on the hard disk of your computer that allows EUREKA to distinguish your usage preferences from those of other users of the website and help EUREKA to offer you a better user experience.
8.2. During your first visit to the website, you will be asked to accept or refuse the installation of these cookies by choosing "Accept" or "Refuse" on the pop-up screen displayed on your screen.
You can also refuse or block cookies by changing the configuration settings of the navigation system. Disabling cookies may prevent you from using certain features of the website.