The Innovation Award 2017 is organised by the Spanish Chair in collaboration with the ESE and the support of the Troika NPCs (SE, ES and FI).
For this edition of the EUREKA Innovation Award, all projects that have been finalised between 01/01/2013 - 31/12/2015. If you want to participate you are invited to nominate yourself before the 4th of November via the nomination questionnaire for one of the categories below. Please observe that each project nomination must target one specific category!!!
- Competitiveness: for projects where more than one partner has substantially improved their position vis à vis their direct competitors with the help of a EUREKA project.
- Added value: for projects, where more than one partner has yielded substantial growth in productivity, turnover and increase in the number of employees from the exploitation of the results of a EUREKA project.
- Innovators of tomorrow: for projects which have successfully implemented a promising new and disruptive technology or concept with a clear economic, societal and environmental impact compared to existing solutions.
NB: Research institutes and universities which have participated in projects can be qualified as successful project partners if they have published papers, gained IPR rights etc.
the main partner is invited to the EUREKA Innovation Week in May 2017 and up to four partners from each of the three winning projects are invited to (and expected to participate in) an award ceremony at the Ministerial Conference in Madrid on 30 June 2017. The three winners will take part in a contest for the best project pitch and an award ceremony. The winning pitch will be selected by public vote. The first prize in each category is €6.000. In addition, the best project pitch will be awarded €2000. The three winners will also be offered a pan-European promotion package worth €10.000. A number of successful projects will also be considered as candidates for success story publication regardless of the result.
- Cooperation: All participants in the project must have achieved a specific benefit from the international cooperation supported by EUREKA. This will be measured in relation to the expectations in the original application (30 points)
- Technological novelty and degree of innovation – global or regional importance (30 point)
- Economic success (30 points)
- Societal/environmental benefits (20 points)
All entries will be carefully scrutinised by an expert jury composed of a representative of the EUREKA Eurostars programme Independent Evaluation Panel, an industry representative appointed by the EUREKA Clusters and three experts appointed by the EUREKA Chairmanship Troika.
If you want to become a contender for the EUREKA Award, please complete the attached self-assessment questionnaire together with your partners in the EUREKA project.
The entries must be submitted electronically and only in English.
For any queries please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.