The Innovation Award 2016 is organised by the Swedish Chair in collaboration with the ESE and the support of the Troika NPCs (CH, SE and ES).
For this edition of the EUREKA Innovation Award, all projects that have been finalised between 01/01/2012 - 31/12/2014 are invited to nominate themselves before the 5th of November via the nomination questionnaire for one of the categories below. Please observe that each project nomination must target one specific category!!!
- Competitiveness: for projects where more than one partner has substantially improved their position vis à vis their direct competitors with the help of a EUREKA project.
- Added value: for projects, where more than one partner has yielded substantial growth in productivity, turnover and increase in the number of employees from the exploitation of the results of a EUREKA project.
- Innovators of tomorrow: for projects which have successfully implemented a promising new and disruptive technology or concept with a clear economic, societal and environmental impact compared to existing solutions.
NB: Research institutes and universities which have participated in projects can be qualified as successful project partners if they have published papers, gained IPR rights etc.
For maximum impact and visibility, the winners in the three categories will be invited to present their projects at the EUREKA Innovation Event on 26 – 28 April 2016 in Stockholm. The three winners will take part in a contest for the best project pitch and an award ceremony. The winning pitch will be selected by public vote. The first prize in each category is €6.000. In addition, the best project pitch will be awarded €2000. The three winners will also be offered a pan-European promotion package worth €10.000. A number of successful projects will also be considered as candidates for success story publication regardless of the result.
- Cooperation: All participants in the project must have achieved a specific benefit from the international cooperation supported by EUREKA. This will be measured in relation to the expectations in the original application (30 points)
- Technological novelty and degree of innovation – global or regional importance (30 point)
- Economic success (30 points)
- Societal/environmental benefits (20 points)
All entries will be carefully scrutinised by an expert jury composed of a representative of the EUREKA Eurostars programme Independent Evaluation Panel, an industry representative appointed by the EUREKA Clusters and three experts appointed by the EUREKA Chairmanship Troika.
If you want to become a contender for the EUREKA Award, please complete the attached self-assesment questionnaire together with your partners in the EUREKA project.
The entries must be submitted electronically and only in English.
For any queries please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.