The award Categories
The EUREKA Innovation Award 2018 is rewarding projects in 3 categories:
- Competitiveness and Growth: award category for projects in which several partners have substantially improved their position compared to their global competitors, and/or yielded substantial growth in productivity or turnover with the help of an EUREKA project.
- Successful SME – large corporation collaboration: award category for projects in which SME’s and large companies have together reached good results based on their respective strengths in collaboration.
- Innovations of Tomorrow: award category for projects that have successfully implemented or demonstrated a promising new technology or concept with a clear economic, societal and environmental impact, compared to solutions existing on the market today.
All award entries will be carefully scrutinised by an expert jury composed of a representative of the EUREKA Eurostars programme Independent Evaluation Panel, an industry representative appointed by the EUREKA Clusters and three experts appointed by the EUREKA Chairmanship.
The Jury will evaluate any application through 4 criteria:
- Technological novelty and degree of innovation of your project
- The added value of your project. Do the project results satisfy an existing need in the market?
- Societal/Environmental benefits. What are the impact and results your innovation on environment or society as a whole?
- Cooperation. Which was the benefit of the international cooperation?
The first prize of each category is 6,000 Euros. In addition, the winners will receive promotional support and get the right to use the EUREKA Award Winner logo.
The winners will be invited to present their projects in front of international business representatives. During the EUREKA Innovation Event, on 22-24 May 2018 in Helsinki (travel and accommodation costs covered).