The financial controller will work with an analytical accounting system (Navision) in an optimal way in order to collect, structure, process and report all relevant information. He/she will:
- through an optimal “management accounting” system provide management with on-time, accurate and relevant financial information in order to allow them to understand the realization of their financial budget purposes:
- control and optimize all financial processes and the information/system structure in order to guarantee that the management accounting system provides a clear insight in all relevant aspects of the current business economics reality;
- provide management with all information required to control the projects’ progress and budget variances in the most efficient way and give financial support where adequate;
- prepare the Annual Financial Report including planning, audit routines and continuous improvement of processes;
- ensure that all accounting and reporting are in accordance with Belgian GAAP;
- process optimization and increased use of automated routines within accounting, consolidation and the monthly closing procedures;
- verify expenditures compared to budget in the context of agreements signed for the Eurostars Programme;
- control input in the analytical accounting; requires a pro-active and project – based high technological approach, in which different sources of information need to be brought together;
- ensure time registration information to be structured for project/activity based costing;
QUALICATIONS AND SKILLS
You have an education in economics such as a Master’s degree in economics, accounting & taxation disciplines. An additional degree in international and/or company law is an advantage.
You have at least 3 years relevant experience in a similar position in a Belgian or international company/organization, including experience with financial reporting, preparation of periodic and annual reports as well as knowledge on Belgian Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and IFRS.
You are familiar with the Belgian VAT legislation, corporate income tax return, statutory financial statements and their reporting requirements under Belgian law and AISBL legislation.
Knowledge of or experience in European Commission financial regulations/procedures would be an advantage.
You are able to take the lead in implementing new systems and optimizing accounting processes and workflows
Fluency in English (the working language of the Secretariat) and in French is mandatory. Additional knowledge of other languages of the EUREKA Member Countries would be an advantage. Furthermore, you need to be an experienced user of the Microsoft Office applications, especially of Excel, and an ERP system. Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Navision will be an advantage.
The ideal candidate will be able to work closely with the rest of the team, but also independently.
- He/she will have strong analytical skills.
- He/she will find it easy to adapt to changing circumstances.
- he/she will be capable of planning and organizing activities and projects.
- He/she will have good cooperation and communication skills.
SALARY AND CONDITIONS
This post offers a 4-year contract, renewable. The position attracts a gross monthly salary of 4.611 EUR, corresponding to level G6S1, subject to Belgian taxation.
APPLICATION AND CLOSING DATE
Candidates will be nationals of a EUREKA Member Country and will be legally entitled to work in the European Union.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a full CV with a covering letter detailing why you think you are the best candidate for the job. Only e-mail applications will be accepted, with “financial controller” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to discuss this position, please contact email@example.com or +32 (0)2 777 09 54.
Closing date: Friday, 19th September 2016 at 17:00 CEST.
Applications received beyond the closing date will not be accepted. Interviews are planned as of September 26th, 2016. Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.