We have at the moment two open positions:
- Communications Officer (trainee)
- EUREKA Risk & Audit Committee: Appointment of an independent member
Communications Officer (trainee)
You will be working as a member of the EUREKA Marketing & Communications team, to research, write and edit different forms of communication (editorial, marketing, social media) to maximize visibility and readership amongst our target groups.
You will collaborate with colleagues to write the storylines and content that effectively engage these target groups - from businesses and research institutes to policymakers and our network.
You are probably a recent graduate, wanting a first experience in the field of public sector communications or digital marketing - a creative writer with a fluent command of English. You can write targeted messages that engage readers, advance arguments, and inspire action. You will excel at distilling sometimes complex scientific content into simple, clear prose and understand - or are willing to learn - about adapting and optimising content for different platforms.
WHAT ARE WE OFFERING?
Practical experience working in a fun, friendly but challenging and fast-paced environment.
- An opportunity to put your ideas, skills and knowledge into practice.
- An insight into how a public-sector marketing and communications strategy is developed and implemented.
WHAT DO WE EXPECT FROM YOU?
- A healthy curiosity about R&D and innovation in Europe and beyond.
- A passion for writing and taking initiative within a receptive and creative team that constantly strives to improve working methods
- We are looking for a unique personality that will add to our fun and hard-working multicultural team.
INDEMNITY AND CONDITIONS
This is an entry-level position with a six-month contract. The traineeship is paid and subject to Belgian law as a ‘convention d’immersion professionelle.’ The indemnity varies depending on the successful candidate’s age, but an average monthly amount would be in the region of 750 euros plus meal vouchers. The Traineeship is designed to further the trainee’s understanding and practical skills in marketing and communications and to integrate the trainee into the team. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Belgium (and show proof, if required).
APPLICATION WHAT DO WE EXPECT FROM YOU?
Please send your application (CV and covering letter) to email@example.com, with, in the subject line your full name and the job title Communications Officer (Trainee). By sending your application, you expressly consent to your diplomas and references being verified.
EUREKA Risk & Audit Committee: Appointment of an independent member
The Risk & Audit Committee of the EUREKA Association is looking for a fourth independent member to bring additional expertise regarding finance, accounting and regulatory matters in Belgium.
2.What is EUREKA
EUREKA is an intergovernmental network that promotes and supports transnational research and innovation activities, many involving small businesses and large industry. The EUREKA Association (AISBL), based in Brussels, is acting as the central support unit for the network.
3.Mission of the Risk & Audit Committee
The mission of the Risk and Audit Committee is to contribute and reports directly to the Executive Board in the exercise of its responsibilities, particularly in the following areas:
- Financial matters (budget, annual accounts);
- Internal control system and Risk management activities;
- Evaluation and monitoring of the Statutory and Internal Audit functions and follow-up of the recommendations;
4.Specifications of the new member
a.Qualifications and skills
The candidate should meet the following requirements:
- Graduated accountant or equivalent qualification
- Advanced professional experience in accountancy
- Experience and knowledge of Belgian law and financial reporting standards
- Experience and knowledge of corporate governance and Risk management
- Knowledge and interest in innovation matters and the work of EUREKA
- Previous Board of Directors/Risk & Audit Committee experience
- Good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills, objective and independent, able to challenge constructively
The member should meet the following conditions:
- Independent of the Ministries and Funding Agencies constituting the EUREKA Association
- Able to provide up to 10 days per year input to the work of the Committee including attendance at four meetings per year.
The mission will be remunerated on a daily fee basis. Travel and accommodation expenses will be offered according to applicable EUREKA reimbursement rules. This appointment will not constitute an employment agreement. The terms and conditions of the position will be determined in a Service Level Agreement.
5.How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an offer including a full CV with a covering letter detailing reasons why you think you are the best candidate for this position. Only email applications will be accepted, with “EUREKA – RAC recruitment” in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to discuss this position, please contact email@example.com or +32 (0)2 777 09 50.
Closing date: Monday 10 December 2018 at 17:00 CEST Interviews are planned for the week after the closing date. Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.