- Are you part of the Electronic Components and Systems value chain?
- Do you want to access new markets, technologies and skills?
- Do you want to work with partners beyond national borders, developing new products, and accelerating your time-to-market?
- Are you looking for a fast and flexible funding instrument dedicated to trans-national European projects?
Then the 2019 EURIPIDES²/PENTA synchronised Call is for you!
This year EURIPIDES² and PENTA organize for the first time a 2019 synchronised call to submit R&D&I project proposals in all area of the Electronics Components and Systems (ECS) Strategic Research Agenda (SRA). As the digital revolution gains momentum, collaborative innovation projects must increasingly work along the ECS value chain. The 2019 synchronised EURIPIDES²/ PENTA call contributes towards a simplification of the funding landscape and brings a wider range of countries and partners together through EURIPIDES², PENTA, and, where appropriate, co-labelled projects. It will clarify the funding choices that collaborative teams can access, help to standardise submission processes and provide high quality support to projects.
PENTA mission is to catalyse research, development and innovation in areas of micro and nanoelectronics enabled systems and applications. Micro and nanoelectronics underpin the rapidly developing Digital Economy and are a cornerstone of key European & Global economic and societal developments. PENTA supports projects along the Electronic Components & Systems (ECS) value chain. PENTA programme is managed by AENEAS, an Industrial Association bringing together Large Enterprise, SME’s, Technology organisations and Academia.
EURIPIDES² promotes the generation of innovative, industry-driven, pre-competitive R&D projects in the area of Smart Electronic Systems Integration. EURIPIDES² covers the whole electronic systems integration value chain, from materials, equipment and technologies, components and modules, up to embedded, enmeshed and implanted systems.
Both PENTA and EURIPIDES² are working with National Public Authorities to identify focus areas with common industrial and National interest.
For the 2019 synchronised EURIPIDES²/PENTA call, projects can be submitted in all areas of the Electronic Components & Systems Strategic Agenda ECS-SRA. Three European industry associations - AENEAS, ARTEMIS-IA and EPoSS - representing large companies, SMEs, universities and research institutes from across the entire electronic components and systems value chain have joined together to produce a common Strategic Research Agenda (SRA) 2018. This common framework for Research, Development and Innovation (R&D&I) identifies 10 chapters which addresses the 5 essential capabilities required to meet the 5 key application needs. This ECS-SRA 2018 now drives PENTA and EURIPIDES² focus areas as follows:
Key application areas: Transport and Smart Mobility, Health and Well-Being, Energy, Digital Industry, Digital Life
Essential capabilities: Systems and Components, Design, packaging and systems Integration, Connectivity and Interoperability, Safety, Security and Reliability, Computing and Storage, ECS Process, Equipment, Materials and Manufacturing
EURIPIDES² and PENTA support projects that can be set up quickly and implemented in a manner that matches the specific needs of the project objectives and the participants. The main criteria in submitting a project are:
- EURIPIDES² and PENTA projects are industry driven, technically innovative and application oriented. Projects may develop innovative product, process or service.
- Projects reflect market demand, market pull, market expectations at least two years after completion of the project.
- In all projects, partners from a minimum number of two countries (EUREKA Member country, Partner country and Associated country) covering at least an essential section of the total value chain are required.
- In the case of co-labelled EURIPIDES²/PENTA projects, a mixed funding approach can apply in which projects may involve countries supporting either PENTA and not EURIPIDES² or vice versa.
- Project consortia can be composed of representatives from large industry, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), research institutes, universities and user organisations (profit or non-profit).
Submission and application details
EURIPIDES² and PENTA organise a 2019 synchronised Call for projects which will be lunched on 20 November 2018 during the EFECS conference in Lisbon. EURIPIDES² and PENTA accept unsolicited project proposals throughout the year in order to adapt in a timely manner to new market needs and demands.
Create an account in the EURIPIDES²/PENTA Project Zone and you are immediately able to initiate a project. You can also access the ECS Collaboration Tool to find partners and create consortia or to search for expertise or ideas.
An opportunity to meet potential partners and build consortia is provided at the EFECS event, to be held in Lisbon between the 20th and 22nd of November 2018. Pitch slots are available and pitch posters can be presented in the exhibition area. Another further opportunity to consolidate your consortia will be offered at the ECS Brokerage Event to be held in Brussels on 15th and 16th January 2019.
EURIPIDES² and PENTA financial support will be provided according to national funding procedures.
In order to prepare a successful proposal, project participants need to be aware that there may be significant differences in funding procedures depending on national rules. Therefore, it is important to make sure that a project proposal fits within national public authorities' priorities and funding rules before submitting it to EURIPIDES²/PENTA.
Please look for your national funding contacts details.