EUREKA Risk & Audit Committee : Appointment of an independent member
The Risk & Audit Committee of the EUREKA Association is looking for a fourth independent member to bring additional expertise regarding finance, accounting and regulatory matters in Belgium.
2.What is EUREKA
EUREKA is an intergovernmental network that promotes and supports transnational research and innovation activities, many involving small businesses and large industry. The EUREKA Association (AISBL), based in Brussels, is acting as the central support unit for the network.
3.Mission of the Risk & Audit Committee
The mission of the Risk and Audit Committee is to contribute and reports directly to the Executive Board in the exercise of its responsibilities, particularly in the following areas:
- Financial matters (budget, annual accounts);
- Internal control system and Risk management activities;
- Evaluation and monitoring of the Statutory and Internal Audit functions and follow-up of the recommendations;
4.Specifications of the new member
a.Qualifications and skills
The candidate should meet the following requirements:
- Graduated accountant or equivalent qualification
- Advanced professional experience in accountancy
- Experience and knowledge of Belgian law and financial reporting standards
- Experience and knowledge of corporate governance and Risk management
- Knowledge and interest in innovation matters and the work of EUREKA
- Previous Board of Directors/Risk & Audit Committee experience
- Good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills, objective and independent, able to challenge constructively
The member should meet the following conditions:
- Independent of the Ministries and Funding Agencies constituting the EUREKA Association
- Able to provide up to 10 days per year input to the work of the Committee including attendance at four meetings per year.
The mission will be remunerated on a daily fee basis. Travel and accommodation expenses will be offered according to applicable EUREKA reimbursement rules. This appointment will not constitute an employment agreement. The terms and conditions of the position will be determined in a Service Level Agreement.
5.How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an offer including a full CV with a covering letter detailing reasons why you think you are the best candidate for this position. Only email applications will be accepted, with “EUREKA – RAC recruitment” in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to discuss this position, please contact email@example.com or +32 (0)2 777 09 50.
Closing date: Monday 10 December 2018 at 17:00 CEST Interviews are planned for the week after the closing date. Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.