Why a Pilot for EUREKA Turbo
Accelerated project start
The participating countries have agreed to coordinate the evaluation process and accelerate the start of projects which fulfill all requirements. The ambition is to have completed the evaluation of projects within 3 months and the subsequent contractual and legal obligations within another 3 months after that.
Who can participate?
EUREKA Turbo is an industrial oriented programme for large Research & Innovation projects.
All industrial partners can apply regardless of their size and get national funding according to the national funding rules in the 5 EUREKA Turbo countries.
Universities and research institutes can also participate and will be funded directly or as subcontractors according to national funding rules in the 5 EUREKA Turbo countries.
We aim for larger projects
A typical EUREKA Turbo project is expected to include participants from 2-3 participating countries and 4-6 partners. The total budget for a EUREKA Turbo project is expected to be €2-5 mio. depending on the number of partners for a project duration of 36 months.
Joint EUREKA Application
In order to access the EUREKA Project Application Form you must register for an account in the call website.
The application may only be submitted electronically using the online application form.
Once submitted, each of the organisations participating in the application will be required to sign a commitment form. This legal document must be signed by each of the partners. Instructions on how to download and return the form will be given after you have submitted your application form.
Proposals can be submitted until the stated submission deadline - 17 March 2017 (17:00 CET).
Consultation with the national funding organizations prior to official application is strongly advised!
Common evaluation criteria and an online application form
The participating funding agencies will use the same evaluation criteria and an online EUREKA Network application form as basis for their evaluation.
As the funding comes from the individual countries that are participating, it is possible that a national form will need to be completed (usually in the national language) in order to access the funding.
For more information about our evaluation criteria, please read our evaluation guideline document
Expected project results will have to contribute to the development of commercial products, applications and / or technology-based services according to national programme requirements. The project proposals have to comply with the following principles:
- The project consortia should consist of at least 2 different and separate legal entities, with participation in the project active in at least two of the following countries: Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Spain.
- Participation of partners from more than two of the participating countries is of course also possible and welcome.
- Partners from other countries may also participate. But before application the national funding agencies must agree on the EUREKA Turbo requirements for coordinated evaluation, time to contract, availability of funding and joint monitoring. Partners' from non-EUREKA Turbo countries participation follows EUREKA participation and financing rules and procedures and the funding regulations of these partners' countries of origin. Where no dedicated budget or where the national funding agencies cannot agree on the EUREKA Turbo requirements for funding agencies these participants are required to declare their ability and willingness to self-finance their entire participation in the project, as well as describe how this will be achieved within the application form.
- Partners from any country in the world may participate, but again these participants are required to declare that they will self-finance their entire participation in the project, as well as describe how this will be achieved within the application form.
- Participation of research institutes/universities is welcome according to each country's funding regulations.
- The project partners must express the willingness to cooperate, on an equal base, to the development of a new product, industrial process or service.
- The product, process or service must be innovative and there must be a technological risk involved.
- The project should have an obvious advantage and added value for all partners (e.g. increased knowledge base, commercial leads, access to R&D infrastructure etc.).
- The project should demonstrate the contribution of all participants e.g. in kind or in cash in addition to that awarded as national funding.
- The participants are required to have signed a consortium agreement before the project starts, including specific attention to the access and distribution of IPR.
- A complete description of the eligibility criteria is available here: (Pilot phase 1 - 2017) Turbo Eligibility Criteria
Any partner whose cooperative innovation project is consistent with the aforesaid criteria can apply to the present announcement in accordance with the national Laws, Rules, Regulations and Procedures in effect.
Subject to budget availability in each country, the participating EUREKA offices will provide access to existing public funding, on a non-exchange of funds basis and according to their respective national rules and procedures. The funding decision will be coordinated between the participating countries
Each country will decide upon the awarding of funding in accordance with its own rules. The funding decision will the be coordinated between the participating countries.
National funding rules for:
Partners from all EUREKA countries outside the EUREKA Turbo countries can also participate in the call. However, they must have secured access to national funding under the EUREKA Turbo terms or alternatively be willing to self-fund their part of the project.
Monitoring of Progress
The funding agencies will coordinate the monitoring of progress for their funded projects. Biannual international progress reports and participation in annual steering group meetings will be corner-stones in this process. The international monitoring will open for a better dialogue on project adjustment and follow up on results.