EUREKA is delighted to host an evening event, where we will be joined by European Commission Director-General Jean-Eric Paquet, senior representatives of national innovation agencies and ministries and business leaders to present and debate the best ways to promote and support innovation across borders.
EUREKA is a key player in helping innovative businesses build collaborations within Europe and beyond.
As EUREKA looks to step up its ambition, building on the success of programmes such as Eurostars, and the European Commission prepares to launch the largest ever framework programme for research and innovation, now is the time to debate how best to support businesses to grow and scale within Europe and globally.
The evening will close with a toast to the 10 years of Eurostars, one of the ways in which EUREKA and the EU and are working together to deliver business success and innovation across borders.
We would be delighted if you could join us.
Interested in joining the event? Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
16:30 Doors open and welcome refreshments.
17:00 Welcome from Tim Bestwick, Chair of the EUREKA Network.
17:15 European Commission Director-General of Research and Innovation Jean-Eric Paquet addresses the importance of an international approach to innovation collaboration.
17:30 Why Go Global?
A panel of senior speakers from ministries and innovation funding agencies discuss their global innovation strategies.
Moderator: Simone van Trier
- Aharon Aharon, CEO, Israeli Innovation Authority (Israel)
- Elina Holmberg, Director EU and International Collaboration, Business Finland (Finland)
- Erik Hansalek, Head of Unit EU Research Policy and Programmes, BMBF (Germany)
- Isabelle Bébéar, Deputy Managing Director, Bpifrance (France)
- Jaap Broersen, Head of Unit International Innovation Cooperation, Ministry of Economic Affairs (The Netherlands)
18:00 "Breaking down borders, the secrets of our success"
EUREKA entrepreneurs and industry speak of their experiences of working internationally and make recommendations for the future innovation landscape.
Moderator: Simone van Trier
- Axel Flaig, Senior Vice-President, Head of Research and Technology - Airbus
- Casper Garos, Head of Public-Private Partnerships, Innovation Management – Philips
- Michael Kram, Vice President Systems and Advanced Engineering, Chassis Systems Control - Bosch
- Peter Stansfield, Director, Wavecrest Systems
- Vesa Perälä, Founder, Claned Group
18:30 Closing remarks and a toast to the thousands of entrepreneurs who have benefitted from support from the Eurostars programme over the past 10 years.
- Jean-David Malo, Director for Open Innovation and Open Science DG Research and Innovation at the European Commission
- Philippe Vanrie, Head of the EUREKA Association
- Tim Bestwick, Chairman of the UK EUREKA Chairmanship 2018/19
Drinks, finger food and the opportunity to network with other invitees.
20:00 Event closes