How to apply for Eurostars in Canada
Applying to our Eurostars funding programme is designed to be quick and simple. In your application, you can tell us more about your organisation and the innovative new product, process or service you plan to research or develop.
1. Contact the National Research Council of Canada (NRC) using the form below to discuss your project idea, funding in your country, financial viability and eligibility. If you are an SME and already have an NRC IRAP Industrial Technology Advisor, you can contact them directly.
2. Create an account (one per project application) on our project platform.
3. On the platform, complete one application form per consortium (in English) and submit it electronically. The portal allows you to save, revisit and edit your application form, giving you time to confirm all information is correct.
4. Upload annexes by attaching them to your online application form. You must complete and upload:
- a signed commitment and signature form
- (if you are an SME) an SME declaration
Depending on what country you are based in, you may need to add a financial annex:
- financial reports
- (if you are a startup) a business plan
Contact NRC to discuss which documents you need to provide and how to submit them. You may need to submit documents directly to NRC rather than attaching them to your application form. If you are an organisation that is 100% publicly funded (e.g. universities, hospitals, etc.), you will not have to provide a financial annex.
You can also include annexes to support your project application:
- a technical annex (related to the project)
- a Gantt chart
5. Submit your completed application form before the deadline.
6. All Canadian participants must also submit an NRC IRAP project proposal. You may be asked to provide additional information (e.g. your latest financial statements and a cash-flow projection covering the duration of the project). Project cost information must follow NRC-IRAP cost categories. Contact the NRC for more information.
7. The NRC will carry out an additional assessment of your company and project (of e.g. financial, business and managerial capabilities, the potential of achieving expected results and outcomes, commercialisation plans, etc.).
A funding decision should be made within 7-8 months after the Eurostars deadline.
For detailed information about applying to our Eurostars programme, read our guidelines.