How to apply
Submitting your Eurostars application is designed to be quick and simple. It gives you the opportunity to tell us more about your organisation and the innovative new product, process or service you plan to research or develop.
1. Contact the National Research Council of Canada (NRC) using the form below to discuss your project idea, funding rules in your country, financial viability and eligibility. If you are an SME and already have an NRC IRAP Industrial Technology Advisor, you can contact them directly.
2. Create an account (one per project application) on our Eurostars application portal. On receiving a verification email, you will have access to the online application form.
3. Using the portal, complete one application form per consortium (in English) and submit it electronically. The portal allows you to save, revisit and edit your application form, giving you time to confirm that all information is correct.
4. Upload your annexes by attaching them to your online application form. We strongly recommend that you attach two financial reports from the past two financial years. These can be in your national language.
Only organisations that are 100% publicly funded (e.g. universities, hospitals etc.) do not have to supply these documents. If you are unable to provide a financial report (e.g. if you are a startup), a business plan may be submitted instead.
You have the option of including one additional annex to your application that is related to your project.
5. Ensure that you submit your completed application form and annexes before the deadline.
6. All Canadian participants must also submit an NRC IRAP project proposal. You may be asked to provide additional information (e.g. your latest financial statements and a cash-flow projection covering the duration of the project). Project cost information must follow NRC-IRAP cost categories. Contact the NRC for more information.
7. The NRC will carry out an additional assessment of your company and project (of e.g. financial, business and managerial capabilities, the potential of achieving expected results and outcomes, commercialisation plans, etc.).
A funding decision is expected to be made within 7-8 months after the Eurostars deadline.
Why must I send a financial report?
The information given in an official financial report indicates to your national funding body whether your organisation will be able to fulfil your part of the project.
If you do not provide the information required by your national funding body, you may render yourself ineligible for public funding. Contact your national office below to discuss which documents your national funding body accepts.