Eurostars is a funding programme that supports innovative SMEs and project partners (large companies, universities or research organisations) by funding international collaborative R&D and innovation projects. Projects should result in the creation of new products, processes and services that can be rapidly commercialised in European or global markets.
To apply, you must fulfil seven eligibility criteria:
- Your consortium is led by an innovative SME from a Eurostars country.
- Your consortium includes at least two independent entities.
- Your consortium includes entities from at least two Eurostars countries.
- The budget of the SME(s) from a Eurostars country is 50% or more of the total project cost, excluding subcontracting.
- No single participant or country is responsible for more than 70% of the project budget.
- The project duration is 36 months or less.
- The project has an exclusively civilian purpose.
To better understand these criteria, read our eligibility guidelines.
The NRC has additional national criteria for projects to be eligible to receive funding:
- Participating companies based in Canada must be incorporated and profit-oriented SMEs with 500 or fewer full-time equivalent employees.
- Participating companies cannot receive funding for more than one Eurostars project at a time.
- Your company must have the objective to grow and generate profits in Canada through the development and commercialisation of innovative, technology-driven new or improved products, processes or services.
The next steps
Read all our guidelines before submitting your project application.
Check your financial viability. Our tool indicates whether you have the financial capacity to support your costs in the project.