Do you want to collaborate with major industrial players, SMEs, knowledge institutes and end-user organisations from around the world?
Do you specialise in:
- next-generation communications,
- low-carbon energy,
- software innovation,
- advanced manufacturing and production, or
- electronic components and systems?
Eureka Clusters are industry-led international communities focused on strategic technology areas that aim to meet market needs and solve economic, technological and societal challenges.
Participate in community activities, access funding, and collaborate in close-to-market projects.
- 1.5B€ TOTAL PUBLIC/ PRIVATE INVESTMENT SINCE 2014
- 6.75M€ AVERAGE PROJECT COST
- 190 PROJECTS FUNDED SINCE 2014
- 443 PARTICIPANTS PER YEAR (AVERAGE)
Established technology communities
With the Cluster communities you can:
- Discuss industry trends and challenges, and contribute to the development of R&D and innovation strategies
- Pitch ideas and meet partners to build a project consortium
- Collaborate in one (or a series of) project to advance the state of the art
- Join exhibitions and competitions to celebrate achievements
Participate in Eureka Clusters to join well-established communities that nurture long-term partnerships.
Reach the expertise you need
Companies of all sizes, universities, and research organisations benefit from participating in international communities with successful track records.
Industry leaders discover pioneering SMEs and the specialised knowledge of universities and research organisations, while SMEs collaborate with, and receive advice from, industry leaders.
Universities and research organisations increase the scope of their research and accelerate transfer of their work into pre-commercial projects, and end-user organisations (such as hospitals, farmers or factories) drive R&D and innovation with their needs, expectations and user perspectives.
Rewards for companies:
- Share research and development costs
- Establish long-term international R&D and innovation relationships
- Gain quicker access to international markets
- Receive on-going and personalised support from experts covering the whole value chain
- Scale up, increase your competitiveness, and form new startups
Participating companies increase their turnover by an average of 13%.
Your Cluster project will go beyond the state of the art, have clear market potential and result in wider impacts.
Your project will be prepared in close collaboration with your national/regional funding body. You will receive expert feedback, helping you develop a high-quality project application. As a result, 30-40% of applications receive funding.
Consortia can be any size and are typically industry-led, involving 3-5 countries. Projects last up to 36 months.
Once your project begins, you will benefit from on-going and personalised support and flexibility to adapt to changing R&D, innovation and business conditions.
How to participate
Clusters have regular bottom-up calls for projects that give you freedom to decide what R&D to focus on. Clusters also launch joint calls for projects on themes that transcend their individual technology areas, for example artificial intelligence and sustainability.
When calls for projects are open, Clusters organise events where you can present project ideas, network and build a consortium. These events also gather representatives from national/regional funding bodies, who explain funding rules and requirements.
All five Clusters are part of Eureka, and each tailors activities to serve its own specific community. To find out more and get involved visit the Cluster websites.
Choose your Cluster
If your organisation is not based in a Eureka country, we recommend you get in touch with the Cluster offices and your national or regional funding agency or ministry to talk about funding options, as there might still be funding available. In the absence of any funding support, it is still possible to participate in a project by self-funding.