How to apply
Applying to our Eurostars funding programme is designed to be quick and simple. In your application, you can tell us more about your organisation and the innovative new product, process or service you plan to research or develop.
1. Contact the Research Innovation Foundation (RIF) using the form below to discuss your project idea, funding in your country, financial viability and eligibility.
2. Create an account (one per project application) on our project platform.
3. On the platform, complete one application form per consortium (in English) and submit it electronically. The portal allows you to save, revisit and edit your application form, giving you time to confirm all information is correct.
4. Upload annexes by attaching them to your online application form. You must complete and upload:
- a signed commitment and signature form
- (if you are an SME) an SME declaration
Depending on what country you are based in, you may need to add a financial annex:
- financial reports
- (if you are a startup) a business plan
Contact RIF to discuss which documents you need to provide and how to submit them. You may need to submit documents directly to RIF rather than attaching them to your application form. If you are an organisation that is 100% publicly funded (e.g. universities, hospitals, etc.), you will not have to provide a financial annex.
You can also include annexes to support your project application:
- a technical annex (related to the project)
- a Gantt chart
5. Submit your completed application form before the deadline.
6. All projects with Cypriot participants must also submit a proposal on the IRIS portal. This must include two financial reports from the most recent two accounting years or a business plan for startups. You may submit these in a national language. Audited financial statements will be requested at a later stage.
7. Projects with Cypriot partners that pass the Eurostars evaluation will be invited to negotiate provided they have support of the other countries participating in the project.
8. You will then be asked to submit:
- an implementation plan (including work packages, time schedule and a budget breakdown for the Cypriot participants)
- and any supplementary information or supporting documents (about the project or participants).
Funding will be based on a negotiation outcome and there being agreement on all discussion topics. The RIF, lead organisation and project coordinator will sign a funding contract.
For detailed information about applying to our Eurostars programme, read our application guidelines.