How to apply
Submitting your Eurostars application is designed to be quick and simple. It gives you the opportunity to tell us more about your organisation and the innovative new product, process or service you plan to research or develop.
1. Contact the Israel Innovation Authority (IIA) using the form below to discuss your project idea, funding rules in your country, financial viability and eligibility.
2. Create an account (one per project application) on our Eurostars application portal. On receiving a verification email, you will have access to the online application form.
3. Using the portal, complete one application form per consortium (in English) and submit it electronically. The portal allows you to save, revisit and edit your application form, giving you time to confirm that all information is correct.
4. Upload your annexes by attaching them to your online application form. We strongly recommend that you attach two financial reports from the past two financial years. These can be in your national language.
Only organisations that are 100% publicly funded (e.g. universities, hospitals etc.) do not have to supply these documents. If you are unable to provide a financial report (e.g. if you are a startup), a business plan may be submitted instead.
You have the option of including one additional annex to your application that is related to your project.
5. Ensure that you submit your completed application form and annexes before the deadline.
6. Israeli participants must also submit a company profile form in Hebrew to the IIA.
7. If your project application received a positive evaluation, you must submit a full application to the IIA. This must include a project description, budget overview and company-related administrative documents. Templates can be downloaded from the IIA website.
8. An IIA evaluator will meet the company and assess the project’s potential, writing a report. With this report, the IIA Research Committee (who convene every two weeks) will decide the exact funding percentage that you will receive.
A final funding decision will be made within three months of submitting your application to IIA.
Why must I send a financial report?
The information given in an official financial report indicates to your national funding body whether your organisation will be able to fulfil your part of the project.
If you do not provide the information required by your national funding body, you may render yourself ineligible for public funding. Contact your national office below to discuss which documents your national funding body accepts.