Eurostars funding information for Italy

MIMIT currently has no allocated budget for organisations participating in the next Eurostars call for projects (deadline March 2024). There is funding available for Italian organisations through MUR.

co-funded by the european union - european partnership

Eurostars funding information in Italy

You are a:

You are a:

Eurostars is part of the European Partnership on Innovative SMEs. The partnership is co-funded by the European Union through Horizon Europe.

Italian funding body, the Ministry for Universities and Research (MUR), funds R&D costs for SMEs participating in our Eurostars programme.  

Funding through the Ministry for Universities and Research (MUR)

For Italian organisations, MUR covers 70% of industrial research project costs in grants and 25% of experimental development project costs in grants.

The maximum funding amount is a grant of 400,000 euro per project, independent of the number of Italian participants.

On your request, you may receive a pre-payment of 80% of the total funding at the start of the project. The remaining 20% will be paid at the end of the project. Private partners requesting the pre-payments need to provide MUR with a bank guarantee.

Beneficiaries who do not request the pre-payments will be paid after each financial and progress report.

All activities that can be classified as industrial research or experimental development are eligible for funding, but industrial research costs must be higher than experimental development costs. Costs MUR covers include:

a. Personnel 

b. Consulting and equivalent services 

c.1 Travel and subsistence
c.2 Equipment
c.3 Other goods and services

d. Indirect costs / overheads (spese generali)*

*Overheads are calculated at a 25% flat rate of all direct costs, excluding cost category b (consulting and equivalent services). d = 25% of (a + c.1 + c.2 + c.3)

Eurostars is part of the European Partnership on Innovative SMEs. The partnership is co-funded by the European Union through Horizon Europe.

Italian funding bodies, the Ministry for Universities and Research (MUR) and the Ministry of Enterprises and Made in Italy (MIMIT) funds R&D costs for large companies participating in our Eurostars programme.

Funding through the Ministry for Universities and Research (MUR)

Eurostars is part of the European Partnership on Innovative SMEs. The partnership is co-funded by the European Union through Horizon Europe.

Italian funding body, the Ministry for Universities and Research (MUR), funds R&D costs for SMEs participating in our Eurostars programme.  

Funding through the Ministry for Universities and Research (MUR)

For Italian organisations, MUR covers 70% of industrial research project costs in grants and 25% of experimental development project costs in grants.

The maximum funding amount is a grant of 400,000 euro per project, independent of the number of Italian participants.

On your request, you may receive a pre-payment of 80% of the total funding at the start of the project. The remaining 20% will be paid at the end of the project. Private partners requesting the pre-payments need to provide MUR with a bank guarantee.

Beneficiaries who do not request the pre-payments will be paid after each financial and progress report.

All activities that can be classified as industrial research or experimental development are eligible for funding, but industrial research costs must be higher than experimental development costs. Costs MUR covers include:

a. Personnel 

b. Consulting and equivalent services 

c.1 Travel and subsistence
c.2 Equipment
c.3 Other goods and services

d. Indirect costs / overheads (spese generali)*

*Overheads are calculated at a 25% flat rate of all direct costs, excluding cost category b (consulting and equivalent services). d = 25% of (a + c.1 + c.2 + c.3)

    Eurostars is part of the European Partnership on Innovative SMEs. The partnership is co-funded by the European Union through Horizon Europe.

    Italian funding bodies, the Ministry for Universities and Research (MUR) and the Ministry of Enterprises and Made in Italy (MIMIT) funds R&D costs for universities and research organisations participating in our Eurostars programme.

    Funding through the Ministry for Universities and Research (MUR)

    Eurostars is part of the European Partnership on Innovative SMEs. The partnership is co-funded by the European Union through Horizon Europe.

    Italian funding body, the Ministry for Universities and Research (MUR), funds R&D costs for SMEs participating in our Eurostars programme.  

    Funding through the Ministry for Universities and Research (MUR)

    For Italian organisations, MUR covers 70% of industrial research project costs in grants and 25% of experimental development project costs in grants.

    The maximum funding amount is a grant of 400,000 euro per project, independent of the number of Italian participants.

    On your request, you may receive a pre-payment of 80% of the total funding at the start of the project. The remaining 20% will be paid at the end of the project. Private partners requesting the pre-payments need to provide MUR with a bank guarantee.

    Beneficiaries who do not request the pre-payments will be paid after each financial and progress report.

    All activities that can be classified as industrial research or experimental development are eligible for funding, but industrial research costs must be higher than experimental development costs. Costs MUR covers include:

    a. Personnel 

    b. Consulting and equivalent services 

    c.1 Travel and subsistence
    c.2 Equipment
    c.3 Other goods and services

    d. Indirect costs / overheads (spese generali)*

    *Overheads are calculated at a 25% flat rate of all direct costs, excluding cost category b (consulting and equivalent services). d = 25% of (a + c.1 + c.2 + c.3)

    While we try to keep this page up to date, funding information stated here is indicative and must be confirmed with your national funding body.

    Contact your national funding body