How to apply for the EU Partnership on Innovative SMEs / Eurostars in Latvia
Applying to our EU Partnership on Innovative SMEs / Eurostars funding programme is designed to be quick and simple. In your application, you can tell us more about your organisation and the innovative new product, process or service you plan to research or develop.
1. Contact the State Education Development Agency (SEDA/ VIAA) using the form below to discuss your project idea, funding in your country, financial viability and eligibility.
2. Create an account (one per project application) on our project platform.
3. On the platform, complete one application form per consortium (in English) and submit it electronically. The portal allows you to save, revisit and edit your application form, giving you time to confirm all information is correct.
4. Upload annexes by attaching them to your online application form. You must complete and upload:
- a signed commitment and signature form
- (if you are an SME) an SME declaration
Depending on what country you are based in, you may need to add a financial annex:
- financial reports
- (if you are a startup) a business plan
Contact SEDA/ VIAA to discuss which documents you need to provide and how to submit them. You may need to submit documents directly to SEDA/ VIAA rather than attaching them to your application form. If you are an organisation that is 100% publicly funded (e.g. universities, hospitals, etc.), you will not have to provide a financial annex.
You can also include annexes to support your project application:
- a technical annex (related to the project)
- a Gantt chart
5. Submit your completed application form before the deadline.
6. Latvian participants who receive a positive evaluation must also submit an application for State Aid and a signed copy of the project consortium agreement to SEDA/ VIAA. SEDA/ VIAA will also verify your obligatory tax payments (i.e. to confirm there are no outstanding payments) and assess your financial viability based on the financial reports of the last two completed financial years.
A funding decision is made within three months (on average).
For detailed information about applying to our EU Partnership on Innovative SMEs / Eurostars programme, read our guidelines.