How to apply for the EU Partnership on Innovative SMEs / Eurostars in Malta
Applying to our EU Partnership on Innovative SMEs / Eurostars funding programme is designed to be quick and simple. In your application, you can tell us more about your organisation and the innovative new product, process or service you plan to research or develop.
1. Contact Malta Enterprise using the form below to discuss your project idea, funding in your country, financial viability and eligibility.
2. Create an account (one per project application) on our project platform.
3. On the platform, complete one application form per consortium (in English) and submit it electronically. The portal allows you to save, revisit and edit your application form, giving you time to confirm all information is correct.
4. Upload annexes by attaching them to your online application form. You must complete and upload:
- a signed commitment and signature form
- (if you are an SME) an SME declaration
Depending on what country you are based in, you may need to add a financial annex:
- financial reports
- (if you are a startup) a business plan
Contact Malta Enterprise to discuss which documents you need to provide and how to submit them. You may need to submit documents directly to Malta Enterprise rather than attaching them to your application form. If you are an organisation that is 100% publicly funded (e.g. universities, hospitals, etc.), you will not have to provide a financial annex.
You can also include annexes to support your project application:
- a technical annex (related to the project)
- a Gantt chart
5. Submit your completed application form before the deadline.
6. Maltese participants must also send the following supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org at the same time as submitting a EU Partnership on Innovative SMEs / Eurostars application. If you do not send these documents, you will not be considered for funding:
- a Financial Summary using Malta Enterprise's template and signed by a certified public accountant
- an Undertaking in Difficulty declaration using Malta Enterprise's template and signed by a certified public accountant (required if your company has been established for more than three years at the time of application)
- a business plan (required if your company has been established for less than three years or employing fewer than five FTEs at the time of application)
- your company's memorandum and articles of association
- an enterprise size declaration (for the current or previous year) filled in on Malta Enterprise's client portal on your business entity profile (see, user manual)
7. When your project has received a successful EU Partnership on Innovative SMEs / Eurostars evaluation, Maltese participants need to submit a national application form via Malta Enterprise's client portal.
For detailed information about applying to our EU Partnership on Innovative SMEs / Eurostars programme, read our guidelines.