Our Network projects programme has limited eligibility criteria for joining a consortium and you can participate in an R&D project even if you are not eligible to receive any funding:
- Your project idea must represent cooperation in the form of a specific project.
- The project must be directed at researching or developing a product, process or service.
- The project must have a civilian purpose.
- Your consortium must include at least two independent legal entities from at least two Eureka countries.
Malta Enterprise has additional national criteria for projects to be eligible to receive funding:
- Participants must demonstrate how they can achieve economic growth through participating in the project. The project should expect to generate further growth to the Maltese economy (e.g. economic activity increase, employment growth and generation of new knowledge).
- When a cash grant has been applied for, participants must not begin work on their project before formal approval from the Corporation.
- There must be at least one SME in your consortium if your project includes organisations outside of the European Union or European Economic Area.
- If there are research or knowledge organisations in your consortium, they should be responsible for at least 10% of the eligible project costs. They must also have the right to publish their own research results.
- The duration of the project may not exceed 36 months.
- Maltese participants must be able to support their part of the project costs, have sufficient funds to start the project and cover the remaining % of the project budget.