How to apply for Eurostars in Portugal
Eurostars is part of the European Partnership on Innovative SMEs. The partnership is co-funded by the European Union through Horizon Europe.
Applying to our Eurostars funding programme is designed to be quick and simple. In your application, you can tell us more about your organisation and the innovative new product, process or service you plan to research or develop.
1. Contact the National Innovation Agency (ANI) using the form below to discuss your project idea, funding in your country, financial viability and eligibility.
2. Create an account (one per project application) on our project platform.
3. On the platform, complete one application form per consortium (in English) and submit it electronically. The portal allows you to save, revisit and edit your application form, giving you time to confirm all information is correct.
4. Upload annexes by attaching them to your online application form. You must complete and upload:
- a signed commitment and signature form
- (if you are an SME) an SME declaration
You can also include annexes to support your project application:
- a technical annex (related to the project)
- a Gantt chart
Portuguese participants must upload their financial annexes in the section “Your organisation”:
- (if you are a company) two latest IES (Informação Empresarial Simplificada).
- (if you are a private Research organization or University) two latest financial reports (balance sheet and income statement).
These documents are confidential and cannot be seen by the other partners.
If you are an organisation that is 100% publicly funded (e.g., universities, hospitals, research organisations etc.) you do not have to provide financial annexes.
5. Submit your completed application form before the deadline.
6. Portuguese participants must also submit a funding application (that complies with Aviso Portugal 2030 conditions*) to ANI within 30 working days of receiving confirmation that your project has received a positive evaluation. ANI will make a funding decision within five weeks of receiving your application.
For detailed information about applying to our Eurostars programme, read our guidelines.
*future call for funding foreseen to open in early 2022 in the framework of Portugal 2030 multiannual funding framework programme.