How to apply
Applying to our Eurostars funding programme is designed to be quick and simple. In your application, you can tell us more about your organisation and the innovative new product, process or service you plan to research or develop.
1. Contact the Department of Science and Innovation (DSI) using the form below to discuss your project idea, funding rules in your country, financial viability and eligibility. You must send the DSI a project outline before submitting your Eurostars application.
2. Create an account (one per project application) on our project platform.
3. On the platform, complete one application form per consortium (in English) and submit it electronically. The portal allows you to save, revisit and edit your application form, giving you time to confirm all information is correct.
4. Upload annexes by attaching them to your online application form. You must complete and upload:
- a signed commitment and signature form
- (if you are an SME) an SME declaration
Depending on what country you are based in, you may need to add a financial annex:
- financial reports
- (if you are a startup) a business plan
Contact the DSI to discuss which documents you need to provide and how to submit them. You may need to submit documents directly to the DSI rather than attaching them to your application form. If you are an organisation that is 100% publicly funded (e.g. universities, hospitals, etc.), you will not have to provide a financial annex.
You can also include annexes to support your project application:
- a technical annex (related to the project)
- a Gantt chart
5. Submit your completed application form before the deadline.
6. South African participants must also present a full project proposal to the DSI. This proposal must include:
- a two-year financial statement (certified by your organisation’s chief financial officer)
- an official letter (signed by your organisation’s chief financial officer) confirming your organisation’s financial contribution to the project (in South African rand)
You will also have a physical interview with DSI where you must present your full project proposal and indicate:
- project activities, clearly stating the research, development and innovation output
- an explanation of each consortium partner’s role and budget input (and the cost of each item)
For detailed information about applying to our Eurostars programme, read our application guidelines.