Work for us
The solutions engineer role works closely with stakeholders and team members to understand requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with Eureka and IT strategies and in compliance with IT’s architectural standards.
They are responsible for the design and implementation of applications’ build, release, deployment, and configuration activities.
Other responsibilities include working with internal business partners to gather requirements, prototyping, architecting, implementing/updating solutions, building and executing test plans, performing quality reviews, managing operations, and triaging and fixing operational issues.
The solutions engineer must be able to adjust to constant business change; common types of changes include new requirements, evolving goals and strategies, and emerging technologies.
They must be able to interact, develop, engineer, and communicate collaboratively at the highest technical levels with end users, vendors, partners, and all levels of staff.
The profile we are looking for
- You have a Bachelor in a relevant field or proven track record acquiring the skillset (self-learning, …)
- Professional certification is a plus (Scrum, DevOps, Java, …)
- You have proven experience as a full stack developer / 3-6 years total relevant work experience required
- Familiar with the software development life cycle (SDLC) from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and J2EE architecture (Spring, Hibernate)
- Strong analysis, design & development skills in the context of multi-tier applications
- Proven experience with
- developing Web Services and evolving in a SOA/Microservice environment
- messaging-queue architecture (RabbitMQ)
- Good knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Proficiency in software engineering tools and ability to document requirements and specifications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning & releasing tools such as Git and Dockers
- Basic understanding of hosting infrastructure VM, Linux, Cloud Infrastructure (AWS), etc
- Ability to output clean, commented, and team-friendly code
- A readiness to embrace and use new approaches and to keep up to date with industry advances
- Solid organizational skills, attentive to details, good multitasking and time-management
- An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans
- Experience in an Agile framework (DevOps, Scrum, …)
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job
- Ability to think outside the box, devising new approaches to make improvements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for development and an eagerness to learn
- Genuinely excited to help Eureka embrace true digitization
- Enthusiastic and self-driven, with a high degree of commitment
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced, agile and multicultural environment
- Good English - other European languages are an asset
What we offer you
- A competitive package in line with your skills and experience
- Eureka strongly lives by the values of trust, transparency, passion, creativity, autonomy, collaboration, work- life balance and diversity across all our teams and our whole ecosystem of customers and partners.
- An internal CDI position in our IT department
- A comfortable and modern office
Application and closing date
Please send your CV with covering letter, including your full name and the word ‘FSD’ in the subject line of your mail to: email@example.com
By sending an application, candidates give their consent to their diplomas and references being verified.
The Eureka Association is an equal opportunities employer based in Brussels.
Applications received beyond the closing date will not be accepted.
Please note that only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.