Eureka is an intergovernmental network of 45 countries. Since 1985, national and regional ministries and funding agencies in our network have supported the R&D of over 7,000 ground-breaking commercialised innovations that have positively impacted economic growth and industry competitiveness. With several programmes, our network funds international R&I projects between SMEs, large companies, universities and research organisations.
The Brussels based Eureka Secretariat supports the Network’s aim, manages Eureka’s programme operations, develops and maintains IT platforms, stores data and promotes Eureka to a wide range of stakeholders and beneficiaries.
To support our mission of giving European businesses the competitive edge through innovation, the Eureka Secretariat, based in Brussels (Etterbeek), is looking for a full time
Programme Expert - Corporate Activities and Database development
As part of a small, international and dedicated team you will take on responsibility for the implementation of the Eureka association’s Investment Readiness Programme activities as well as the operations and further development of the Eureka Experts Database (EED). The EED is a platform central in the evaluation process of project proposals submitted within several of the Eureka programmes involving both experts and companies from across Europe and beyond. We are looking for a proactive, self-driven and dynamic professional to join our team and take on these responsibilities.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist SMEs to approach multinational corporate investors for business partnerships and learn about best practices and collaborating to develop solutions to industry challenges.
- Help SMEs develop and enhance business relationships by participating in our global cooperation programmes and international missions.
- Preparing reports, documents and presentations for network and stakeholder meetings.
- Liaise with the IT, communication and financial units within the Eureka Secretariat to ensure that the evaluation and financial processes are delivered effectively and according to the deadlines.
- Identifying potential problems and delays as soon as they arise, proposing potential solutions and implementing the directed actions.
- Contributing to continuous analysis of programme processes, identifying areas for improvement, implementing changes.
- Performing the role in accordance with the organisation’s strategy of quality and risk management.
- Participating in and presenting Eureka’s programmes at external events.
- Advising and contributing across different activities/domains of Eureka’s programmes and its projects, including monitoring, evaluation, financial and operational activities.
Management of the Eureka Expert Database (EED)
- Acting as a primary contact point for applicants, experts, and the Eureka network to guide project applications through the evaluation process in the interface with the EED.
- Review of profiles of technical experts applying to enter the EED, checking these against standard criteria and requesting further information if necessary.
- Identify and perform necessary updates of the database relating to invalid or out-of-date profiles.
- Liaise with other services in the Eureka Secretariat and Eureka countries to ensure the efficiency and quality of the EED and explore further development options.
- Explore possibilities for expanding the use of the EED beyond the Eureka programmes as a service to national funding bodies.
Qualifications and skills
- A positive, flexible and highly motivated team-player, with the ability to work independently, manage deadlines and focus on results.
- An ability to produce and present analysis of both qualitative and quantitative data.
- An exceptional administrator, well organised and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
As a member of a multinational team: sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken.
- Fully conversant with Office 365, particularly Microsoft Excel.
Education and experience
- A level of higher education corresponding to a bachelor degree in a relevant field of study
Preferably a level of higher education corresponding to a Master’s degree within a relevant field
- Relevant professional experience of at least two years
- Experience with Business acceleration services, database management and development and project management will be an asset.
What we offer you
- A full-time position with an open-ended contract.
- A competitive salary, taking into account educational level and previous professional experience.
- Attractive extra-legal benefits, like working from home, extra-legal vacation days, group and hospitalisation plans, free public transport to commute to the office, meal vouchers, etc.
- An international and dynamic team of roughly 35 employees from 16 different countries. A nice and modern working environment, close to the centre of Brussels and the European quarter, easily reachable by public transport.
- Eureka strongly lives by the values of trust, transparency, passion, creativity, autonomy, collaboration, work-life balance and diversity across all our teams and our whole network of customers and partners.
- A nice and modern working environment, close to the centre of Brussels and the European quarter and easily reachable by public transport (Merode).
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the European Union.
Application and closing date
Please send your CV (maximum 2 sides A4) and a cover letter, including your full name and the words ‘Programme Expert - Corporate Activities and Database development’ in the subject line of your mail to: “email@example.com”.
By sending an application, candidates give their consent to their diplomas and references being verified.
The Eureka Association is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date: Monday 18 April 2022, 05.00pm Brussels time
Applications received beyond the closing date will be refused.
Please note that only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
The candidate should be able to start ideally immediately or as soon as possible.