PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT OFFICER (INTERNSHIP)
Eurostars is a one-billion-euro joint funding programme between Eureka and the European Commission, co-funded from the national budgets of 36 Eurostars-participating and partner countries and by the European Union through its Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Framework Programme.
This role offers an excellent first introduction to public administration, research funding, programme management and international cooperation.
As part of a small, international and dedicated team, you will quickly progress through the induction process and under the guidance and support of colleagues, you will take part in the evaluation processes and the monitoring of a portfolio of R&D projects involving companies from across Europe and beyond.
We are looking for a unique personality that will join our fun, friendly but challenging and fast-paced environment. You will mainly work on the Eurostars Programme.
- You will take an active customer service role, dealing directly with the requests and questions of project participants as well as representatives from the different participating countries.
- You will follow-up the administrative and technical activities of the assigned Eurostars projects.
- You will guide the applications through the evaluation and monitoring processes to ensure timely delivery of milestones and objectives.
- You will contribute to writing reports, technical guidelines, presentations and general correspondence.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- You are positive, flexible and highly motivated team-player, but with the ability to work independently and manage your own deadlines.
- You should be willing to challenge the status quo, think outside the box and not be shy to argue your ideas.
- You are able to explain complex ideas in simple terms.
- You can produce analysis of both qualitative and quantitative data; are fully conversant with Office 365, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- You are an exceptional administrator, well organised and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- You are fluent in English, written and spoken.
- As a member of a multinational team, you demonstrate diplomacy and sensitivity to cultural differences.
- You have a university degree. (A qualification in management or scientific fields may be considered an advantage.)
- You are interested in the environmental and societal impact and ethical dimension of project proposals.
INDEMNITY AND CONDITIONS
- This is an entry-level position with an initial six-month contract.
- This internship is paid and subject to Belgian Law as a ‘convention d’immersion professionnelle’ through the intermediary Bruxelles Formation. The indemnity is dependent on the successful candidate’s age; as an indication, a trainee of 21 years old would receive approximately a monthly indemnity of 790 EUR*, plus meal vouchers of 8 EUR per working day.
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in in the European Union.
APPLICATION AND CLOSING DATE
Please send an e-mail application with a CV (maximum 2 sides A4) and covering letter, including your full name and the words ‘PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT OFFICER’ in the subject line to email@example.com
By sending an application, candidates give their consent to their diplomas and references being verified.
The Eureka Association is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date: Tuesday 17 June 2020 at 17:00 Brussels time
Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted. Interviews are planned to commence immediately after the submission deadline and will be held online.
The internship will begin as soon as possible.
Please note that only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.