We have 4 job openings:
- Front-end & web developer
- HR manager
- 2 Eurostars project officer (trainees)
Front-end & web developer
The front-end & web developer works closely with our UX/UI designer and solutions engineers to conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity, relevancy and user friendliness to EUREKA's websites to create amazing user experiences.
Other responsibilities include working with internal business partners to gather requirements, prototype, architect, implement/improve web / front end solutions, performing quality reviews, triaging and fixing operational issues.
The Front-end / Web developer must possess superior HTML/CSS/Angular skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts and transform them into functional and responsive user interfaces.
Implement appealing & user-friendly features from prototypes to final hand-off
Conceptualize original website design ideas that ensure impactful communication and superb user experience
Collaborate with back-end developers to improve usability of EUREKA platforms
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Proven experience as a Front-end / Web Developer or similar role & up-to-date with the latest relevant trends, techniques, and technologies
Familiarity with Bootstrap, APIs (REST and SOAP), CMS and cloud-based environment (AWS)
Use mark-up languages to build, maintain, improve functional and easy-to-use websites and SAAS platforms
Integrating data from various back-end services (Content Management Systems and databases)
Set up, track and review SEO referencing and web site analytics
We seek someone genuinely excited to help EUREKA develop a roadmap for true digital communication & collaboration; who is passionate about solving problems creatively and effectively; who is self-driven and energized by being able to work from ideation to solutions.
You hold a Bachelor in IT development or related fields and 2 to 5 years’ experience (relevant certifications is a definitive +)
You thrive working in a fast-paced multicultural & agile environment.
SALARY AND CONDITIONS
Competitive package in line with your skills & experience
We strongly live by the values of trust, transparency, passion, creativity, autonomy, collaboration, humility, fun, work- life balance and diversity across all our teams and our whole ecosystem of customers and partners.
Please send your application (CV and covering letter) to email@example.com, with the subject line your full name and the job title ‘Front-end / web developer’. By sending your application, you expressively consent to your diplomas and references being verified.
EUREKA Secretariat is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Human Resources (HR) Manager
We are currently looking for a new experienced Manager to help us developing our HR Strategy forward, ensuring the team and the organization provide high-performance support and services and ensuring the compliance of our HR processes and practices to internal guidelines & priorities, and to the Belgian regulatory, social and legal context & obligations. Directly reporting to the Head, member of the Management Team, he/she is also responsible for contributing to the development of systems and procedures to ensure the organization benefit from the adequately skilled & engaged human resources with the required competencies, both on short- and long-term.
- Contributing to continuous improvement and further development of HR policies;
- Taking initiatives to ensure the Association is operating as a high-performing staff organization;
- Providing solutions to internal organization and HR-related issues;
- Managing payroll and staff administration, and monitoring of HR budgets;
- Handling the recruitment and selection processes;
- Organizing annual appraisals & surveys;
- Developing employee motivation and team building;
- Building collaborative relationships with managers on talent acquisition including active participation to candidate assessments and new hires’ induction.
- Planning training & competences development ;
- Implementing and updating Employment Regulations;
- Assisting managers and employees on the execution of HR policies and procedures;
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Degree in a relevant field (HR Management, Business Administration, etc);
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in a service organisation/company, preferably in Belgium
- Excellent knowledge of Belgian labour and social legislation;
- Excellent level of English and French (Additional linguistic capability is a plus);
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience in coaching, training & team building
- Leadership and ability to motivate others;
- Good working knowledge of MS Office
- Strong organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management, flexible;
- Strong conflict management skills;
- Strong sense of Ethics
SALARY AND CONDITIONS
We offer a standard employment contract (in line with regulations applied in Belgium), with a competitive package in line with your skills & experience. We strongly live by the values of trust, transparency, passion, creativity, autonomy, collaboration, humility, fun, work-life balance and diversity across all our teams and our whole ecosystem of customers and partners.
Please send your application (CV and covering letter) before 15th May 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your full name and the job title ‘EUREKA HR Manager in the subject line. By sending your application, you expressively consent to your diplomas and references being verified. EUREKA Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
2 x Eurostars project officers (internship)
Eurostars is a one billion euro joint funding programme between EUREKA and the European Commission, co-funded from the national budgets of 36 Eurostars-participating countries and partner countries and by the European Union through its Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme.
This role offers an excellent first introduction to public administration, research funding, programme management and international cooperation. As part of a small, international and dedicated team, you will quickly progress through the induction process and under the guidance and support of colleagues, you will take part in the evaluation processes or the monitoring of a portfolio of R&D projects involving companies from across Europe and beyond.
- S/he will follow-up the administrative and technical activities of the assigned Eurostars projects.
- S/he will guide the applications through the evaluation & monitoring processes to ensure timely delivery of milestones and objectives.
- S/he will contribute to writing reports, technical guidelines, presentations and general correspondence.
- S/he will take an active customer service role, dealing directly with the requests and questions of project participants as well as representatives from the different Member States.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- A university degree in management or scientific fields will be given priority.
- Fully conversant with Office 365, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- An ability to produce analysis of both qualitative and quantitative data.
- A high level of fluency in English, written and spoken.
- An ability to explain complex ideas in simple terms.
- A positive, flexible and highly-motivated team-player, but with the ability to work independently and manage their own deadlines.
- As a member of a multicultural team, diplomacy and sensitivity to cultural differences.
- An exceptional administrator, well organised andable to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
INDEMNITY AND CONDITIONS
- This is an entry-level traineeship with a six-month contract. The traineeship is paid through Bruxelles Formation and subject to Belgian law as a ‘convention d’immersion professionelle.’ The indemnity varies depending on the age of the successful candidate, but an average monthly amount would be approximately 790 euros plus meal vouchers.
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in in the European Union.
APPLICATION AND CLOSING DATE
Please send an e-mail application with a CV (maximum 2 sides A4) and covering letter, including your full name and the words ‘EUROSTARS PROJECT OFFICER’ in the subject line to email@example.com
By sending an application, candidates give their consent to their diplomas and references being verified.
For further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Thursday 11 April 2019 at 17:00 CEST
Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted. Interviews are planned to commence immediately after the submission deadline.
The internship will begin as soon as possible – likely May 2018.
Please note that only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.