We have 4 job openings:
- HR manager
- 2 Eurostars project officer (trainees)
- Content writer/communications officer (trainee)
Human Resources (HR) Manager
We are currently looking for a new experienced Manager to help us developing our HR Strategy forward, ensuring the team and the organization provide high-performance support and services and ensuring the compliance of our HR processes and practices to internal guidelines & priorities, and to the Belgian regulatory, social and legal context & obligations. Directly reporting to the Head, member of the Management Team, he/she is also responsible for contributing to the development of systems and procedures to ensure the organization benefit from the adequately skilled & engaged human resources with the required competencies, both on short- and long-term.
- Contributing to continuous improvement and further development of HR policies;
- Taking initiatives to ensure the Association is operating as a high-performing staff organization;
- Providing solutions to internal organization and HR-related issues;
- Managing payroll and staff administration, and monitoring of HR budgets;
- Handling the recruitment and selection processes;
- Organizing annual appraisals & surveys;
- Developing employee motivation and team building;
- Building collaborative relationships with managers on talent acquisition including active participation to candidate assessments and new hires’ induction.
- Planning training & competences development ;
- Implementing and updating Employment Regulations;
- Assisting managers and employees on the execution of HR policies and procedures;
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Degree in a relevant field (HR Management, Business Administration, etc);
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in a service organisation/company, preferably in Belgium
- Excellent knowledge of Belgian labour and social legislation;
- Excellent level of English and French (Additional linguistic capability is a plus);
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience in coaching, training & team building
- Leadership and ability to motivate others;
- Good working knowledge of MS Office
- Strong organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management, flexible;
- Strong conflict management skills;
- Strong sense of Ethics
SALARY AND CONDITIONS
We offer a standard employment contract (in line with regulations applied in Belgium), with a competitive package in line with your skills & experience. We strongly live by the values of trust, transparency, passion, creativity, autonomy, collaboration, humility, fun, work-life balance and diversity across all our teams and our whole ecosystem of customers and partners.
Please send your application (CV and covering letter) before 15th May 2019 to email@example.com, including your full name and the job title ‘EUREKA HR Manager in the subject line. By sending your application, you expressively consent to your diplomas and references being verified. EUREKA Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
2 x Eurostars project officers (internship)
Eurostars is a one billion euro joint funding programme between EUREKA and the European Commission, co-funded from the national budgets of 36 Eurostars-participating countries and partner countries and by the European Union through its Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme.
This role offers an excellent first introduction to public administration, research funding, programme management and international cooperation. As part of a small, international and dedicated team, you will quickly progress through the induction process and under the guidance and support of colleagues, you will take part in the evaluation processes or the monitoring of a portfolio of R&D projects involving companies from across Europe and beyond.
- S/he will follow-up the administrative and technical activities of the assigned Eurostars projects.
- S/he will guide the applications through the evaluation & monitoring processes to ensure timely delivery of milestones and objectives.
- S/he will contribute to writing reports, technical guidelines, presentations and general correspondence.
- S/he will take an active customer service role, dealing directly with the requests and questions of project participants as well as representatives from the different Member States.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- A university degree in management or scientific fields will be given priority.
- Fully conversant with Office 365, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- An ability to produce analysis of both qualitative and quantitative data.
- A high level of fluency in English, written and spoken.
- An ability to explain complex ideas in simple terms.
- A positive, flexible and highly-motivated team-player, but with the ability to work independently and manage their own deadlines.
- As a member of a multicultural team, diplomacy and sensitivity to cultural differences.
- An exceptional administrator, well organised andable to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
INDEMNITY AND CONDITIONS
- This is an entry-level traineeship with a six-month contract. The traineeship is paid through Bruxelles Formation and subject to Belgian law as a ‘convention d’immersion professionelle.’ The indemnity varies depending on the age of the successful candidate, but an average monthly amount would be approximately 790 euros plus meal vouchers.
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in in the European Union.
APPLICATION AND CLOSING DATE
Please send an e-mail application with a CV (maximum 2 sides A4) and covering letter, including your full name and the words ‘EUROSTARS PROJECT OFFICER’ in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending an application, candidates give their consent to their diplomas and references being verified.
For further information, please contact: email@example.com
Closing date: Thursday 11 April 2019 at 17:00 CEST
Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted. Interviews are planned to commence immediately after the submission deadline.
The internship will begin as soon as possible – likely May 2018.
Please note that only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
Content writer/communications officer (trainee)
We’re looking for a new member of our Marketing & Communications team, to help us research, write and edit different forms of content (editorial, marketing, social media, blog articles) - to maximise visibility and readership.
You will collaborate with us to write the storylines and content that effectively engage our target groups - from businesses and research institutes to policymakers and our network.
You are probably a recent graduate, looking for your first work experience in the field of public sector communication, content production or digital marketing - a creative writer with a perfect command of English. Help us to produce targeted messages that engage, advance arguments and inspire action. You excel at distilling sometimes complex scientific content into simple, clear prose for general audiences and understand - or be willing to learn - about adapting and optimising content for different platforms.
WHAT ARE WE OFFERING?
- Practical experience working in a fun, creative, friendly but challenging and fast-paced environment.
- The opportunity to put your ideas, skills and knowledge into practice.
- The chance to showcase your work publicly and get first-hand feedback from both your peers and the public.
- An insight into how a public-sector marketing and communications strategy is developed and implemented.
- The possibility of being integrated into a well-functioning team if you can prove yourself.
WHAT DO WE EXPECT FROM YOU?
- A passion for writing and courage to take initiatives within a receptive and creative team that constantly strives to improve working methods.
- A healthy curiosity about research and innovation in Europe and beyond.
- An individual that will add value to our fun and hard-working multicultural team.
WHAT DON’T WE WANT?
To save time, here are the kinds of applications we are not interested in receiving:
- ‘Spam’ applications, which haven’t been adapted in the slightest to fit the advertised vacancy and show zero effort invested in them.
- Applications by candidates who want to work in Brussels, with the aspiration of future employment by the European institutions – we want people who can learn from their experience here and want to stay.
- Applications that show us the job description hasn’t been properly read.
INDEMNITY AND CONDITIONS
This is an entry-level traineeship with a six-month contract. The traineeship is paid through Bruxelles Formation and subject to Belgian law as a ‘convention d’immersion professionelle.’ The indemnity varies depending on the age of the successful candidate, but an average monthly amount would be approximately 790 euros plus meal vouchers. The traineeship is designed to further understanding and practical skills in marketing and communications and to integrate the trainee into the team. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Belgium (and show proof, if required).
Please send your application (CV and cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org, with, in the subject line, your full name and the job title Content Writer (Trainee). By sending your application, you expressly consent to your academic qualifications and references being verified, should you be offered the position.