Medical distributed utilization of services & applications
Medusa’s purpose is to enhance quality of diagnosis and decision making in acute and/or critical situations in a patient’s condition by introducing a new service concept in healthcare based on three pillars:
- advanced imaging as a service, by which medusa:
• ensures the timely and efficient exchange of medical information with an aim to satisfy the high levels of safety, security and privacy required for a secure environment
• supports and encourages the appropriate use of both remote and local advanced medical image processing in real-time, such that the medical professional obtains the required detail of information
• supports transparency of distribution with respect to geographical location, both fixed and mobile
- secure virtual workspaces as a service, by which medusa:
• supports a collaborative workspace in a professional medical situation, where knowledge, capabilities and patient data are brought together and made available for clinical processing, respecting medical regulations and clinical procedures and protocols. This is an area where traceability, latency and interoperability are crucial issues.
- medical diagnosis support as a service. By which medusa:
• enables physicians to virtually group around a patient for diagnosis and treatment decision making.