CELTIC-NEXT Spring 2023 call for projects
CELTIC-NEXT launches two calls for projects each year: in Spring and in Autumn.
CELTIC-NEXT’s call for projects supports next generation communications projects for digital society that contribute to a sustainable world. Participate, engage and explore groundbreaking opportunities together with the CELTIC-NEXT Cluster.
By applying and participating in this call for projects, your organisation can access national public funding for your R&D project in Eureka network countries.
You can submit your R&D project application between 1 December 2022 and 24 May 2023 by visiting www.celticnext.eu.
- Czech Republic
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
CELTIC-NEXT is the Eureka Cluster for next-generation communications for a secured, trusted, and sustainable digital society. CELTIC-NEXT supports international collaborative projects in the information and communications technology (ICT) domain.
CELTIC-NEXT is an industry-driven community with all the major ICT industry players and many SMEs, service providers and research institutions. CELTIC-NEXT’s activities are open to all organisations that share CELTIC-NEXT’s vision of an inclusive digital society. Organisations should be willing to collaborate to their benefit and align their R&D with their national priorities to advance the development and uptake of advanced ICT solutions.
CELTIC-NEXT includes a wide scope of ICT topics based on new high-performance communications networks supporting data-rich applications and advanced services, both in the ICT sector and in vertical sectors. Engage and explore ground-breaking opportunities that contribute to a sustainable world. CELTIC-NEXT initiates ambitious and innovative projects dedicated to end-to-end communications solutions.
The industry-driven Cluster and its vision is outlined in the CELTIC-NEXT Scope and Research Areas document. In addition to the CELTIC-NEXT Strategic Roadmap scope, CELTIC-NEXT is also looking for projects in the fields of:
- non-terrestrial networks and terrestrial network convergence
- digitalisation of the economy with ICT technologies
- clean growth
- remote healthcare
- advanced manufacturing
- critical communications for emergencies
- open RAN
- private networks
- AI for massive MIMO
- internet of things
- ICT technologies to support metaverses
- 6G topics
If your R&D project topic is outside the scope of this roadmap, please still apply; this call for projects is open to new fields of R&D and innovation related to ICT or using ICT and making stronger requirements on ICT systems and end-to-end services.
So far, CELTIC-NEXT has labelled, funded and supported 178 projects with a total project costs of more than 1.2 billion euro.
Please contact the CELTIC-NEXT office for more details and potential strategies to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Participation is open to companies of all sizes, universities and research organisations.
By participating in this CELTIC-NEXT call for projects, you benefit from:
- receiving a Eureka Cluster label,
- access to national R&D funding,
- an international network of companies including key industry players,
- guidance, coaching and monitoring of your project by the CELTIC-NEXT office and
- low administrative requirements.
CELTIC-NEXT is the Eureka Cluster for next-generation communications for the digital society.
- Your national funding body https://www.celticnext.eu/national-public-contacts-funding-schemes/
- The CELTIC-NEXT office email@example.com
- Applications open: 1 December 2022
- Call for projects launch: 9 December 2022
- Physical/hybrid proposers day: 21 February 2023
- Online consortium building sessions: tbd
- Deadline: 21 April 2023
- Evaluation of proposals finished: End of May 2023
- Label and information to applicants: June 2023
Applying to a CELTIC-NEXT call for projects is easy. You must submit full project proposals on new innovative ideas within the scope of CELTIC-NEXT.
- Contact your national funding body and the CELTIC-NEXT Office to discuss your project idea and eligibility.
- Visit the Call information page and https://www.celticnext.eu/guides-contracts-templates/ for further information.
- Create an account on the Eureka Clusters Project Portal, fill in the forms and upload your project application in pdf format before the
CELTIC-NEXT has several opportunities for meeting potential project partners:
The CELTIC-NEXT Cluster successfully organises several proposers days each year. Moreover, a yearly CELTIC-NEXT event brings together pitch presenters with national funding bodies and successful CELTIC-NEXT project coordinators that present their impact on the market.
At these events, you can meet CELTIC-NEXT award winners and learn about the impact of successful projects and SMEs that participated in CELTIC-NEXT projects. You can also network with CELTIC-NEXT projects in a lively project exhibition.
- Contact the CELTIC-NEXT community! Learn about funding in your country and pitch your project idea at the next CELTIC-NEXT Proposers Day or the yearly CELTIC-NEXT event.
- Contact project partners and find out if your expertise is needed via
- Submit your expertise or new project idea any time on the CELTIC-NEXT Brokerage tool
Proposers Brokerage Day: 17 March 2023
Learn more about the event here.
Please do not hesitate to get in contact with CELTIC-NEXT and follow the organisation on social media.
The CELTIC-NEXT office is happy to support you!