Eurogia 2030 call for projects
Eurogia2030 has opened a call for organisations collaborating internationally on the R&D of low-carbon technology projects. By applying and participating, your organisation can access national public funding for your R&D project.
The goal of this call for projects is to to encourage activity in this important area, through the creation of international collaborative projects in applications that will support economic growth and benefit society as a whole.
You can submit your R&D project application between 14 April 2023 and 9 June 2023 by visiting the Eurogia2030 website.
Eureka programme: Clusters Eurogia
- Belgium (Wallonia)
- Czech Republic
- South Africa
- South Korea
Participation is open to companies of all sizes, universities and research organisations.
By participating in a Cluster project, you benefit from:
- access to national R&D funding,
- an international network of companies including key industry players,
- guidance, coaching and monitoring of your project from the Eurogia office,
- low administrative requirements and
- receiving a quality label.
Eurogia2030 is on the front line in the energy field for achieving carbon neutrality goals. Through low-carbon technology R&D solutions, Eurogia aims to contribute to a sustainable environment for combating climate change and encouraging sustainable growth.
For more details, visit Eurogia's website or contact the Cluster offices and your national funding body using our contact form below.
Some of the targeted challenges to achieve these goals are necessary, but not limited to:
- Carbon-free energy supply
- Green mobility and smart cities
- Smarter housings and constructions
- Bio resources and environment
Your project should:
- address at least one of the fields mentioned in the call description and
- demonstrate the potential to research or develop a product, process or service for commercialisation.
Low carbon technologies to be researched and developed include (but are not limited to):
- Offshore wind turbines, bioenergy, solar panels, fuel cells power to-X, energy storage
- Hydrogen economy (fuel cells, production, storage, station)
- CO2 capture, sequestration and utilisation
- Green and zero-emission buildings, smart cities, heating
- IT solutions in buildings, smart monitoring, 3D construction, digital twins in housing design
- AI, IoT, big data, 5G/6G-integrated solutions in cities
- Smart grids, micro-grids, E-mobility
- Monitoring of the environment and bio resources
- Drone and satellite monitoring systems of land, rivers, sea industrial robots, sensors, edge cloud computing, raman mass spectrometry, AI, big data
- … and many more
14 April 2023: Call for projects opens
9 May 2023: Webinar about this call for projects
9 June 2023: Project submission deadline (date of receipt CE(S)T)
Eureka has limited eligibility criteria for organisations participating in a Clusters consortium:
- Your project idea must represent international cooperation in the form of a specific project.
- The project must be directed at researching or developing an innovative product, process or service with the goal of commercialisation.
- The project must have a civilian purpose.
- Your consortium must include at least two independent legal entities from a minimum of two Eureka countries.
- No single organisation or country can be responsible for more than 70% of the project budget.
If there is no allocated budget for your organisation type in your country and you want to participate in a project consortium, contact your national funding body using the form below to see whether there are other funding opportunities available or talk to them about self-funding.
- Contact your national funding body and Eurogia2030 office to discuss your project idea and eligibility.
- Create an account on Eurogia's application platform.
- Submit your project outline (an overview of the project, its main objective, partnerships and expected impact) and receive feedback.
- Submit your final project proposal.
Please note that your national funding body may have additional steps for applying for R&D funding.
Events and partner search
A brokerage tool can also help you to find partners to build a project consortium.
Eurogia will organise events, which offer opportunities for meeting potential project partners:
- 9 May 2023: Webinar on this call for projects