ITEA 4 call for projects
Project Outline submission deadline: from 13 September 2021 to 16 November 2021
ITEA 4 has opened a call for organisations collaborating internationally on the R&D of software innovation and digital transformation projects. By applying and participating, your organisation can access national public funding for your R&D project.
You can submit your R&D project application between 13 September and 16 November by visiting ITEA 4’s website.
- The Netherlands
- United Kingdom
- Belgium (Flanders)
- Belgium (Brussels)
- South Korea
- Czech Republic
- United States
In a rapidly changing society where societal challenges are omnipresent, digitisation is no longer an option but should be regarded as an opportunity to create innovative solutions. Digital technology will be applied in all aspects of society, touching every element of people’s lives. Software innovation is a core component for mastering this digital transition, and this is the core focus of ITEA 4.
ITEA 4’s main challenges focus on:
- Smart Mobility
- Smart Health
- Safety and Security
- Smart engineering
- Smart communities
- Smart cities
- Smart industry
Participation is open to companies of all sizes, universities and research organisations.
By participating in a Cluster project, you benefit from:
• access to national R&D funding,
• an international network of companies including key industry players,
• guidance, coaching and monitoring of your project by the ITEA office,
• low administrative requirements and
• receiving a quality label.
- Opening of the Call 13 September 2021
- ITEA Project Outline preparation Days 13-16 September 2021 (online event)
- Deadline for submission of Project Outlines (PO) 16 November 2021 (17:00 hrs CET)
- Letter of Intent 30 November 2021
- Announcement of POs invited for Full Project Proposal (FPP) submission & rejected POs 20 December 2021
- Deadline for submission of FPPs 15 February 2022
- Declaration of Acceptance (DoA) 1 March 2022
- Announcement of labelled and rejected FPPs End of March/Beginnng of April 2022
- National funding applications Q4 2021 - Q2 2022
There are limited eligibility criteria for joining a Clusters consortium:
• The project must be directed at researching or developing a product, process or service with the goal of commercialisation.
• The project must have a civilian purpose.
• Your consortium must include at least two independent legal entities from a minimum of two Eureka countries.
- Contact your national funding body and ITEA 4 Office to discuss your project idea and eligibility. Create or login with your account on ITEA’s application portal.
- Submit your Project Outline (an overview of the project, its main objective, partnerships and expected impact) and receive feedback.
- Submit your final project proposal.
Please note that your national funding body may have additional steps for applying for R&D funding.
The ITEA Project Idea tool can also support you. You can use it to promote your project idea and find partners to build a project consortium.
Your project will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
• Rationale of the project
• Market view
• Technology view
• Rationale for funding
• Work descriptions (only for FPP)
More information on the evaluation criteria can be found on the link.
If the full consortium agrees, all organisations in any country can participate in a project consortium even if they are not eligible to receive funding.
ITEA 4 is organising the following events (from 13-16 September 2021), which offer opportunities for meeting potential project partners: