SMART call for Advanced Manufacturing projects
SMART Eureka cluster has opened a call for organisations collaborating internationally on the R&D of advanced manufacturing projects. By applying and participating, your organisation can access national public funding for your R&D project.
The goal of this call for projects is to foster close-to-market R&D projects that pursue technical innovation and application excellence regarding future products and processes, innovative manufacturing-related services or advanced production equipment.
You can submit your R&D project application between 16/09/2020 and 24/03/2021 by visiting SMART Eureka website.
- Belgium (Flanders)
- Czech Republic
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
16/09/2020 Call opens
05/11/2020 PO Proposers Day
14/12/2020 Project outline submission deadline (date of receipt 11:00 am CET)
24/03/2021 Full project proposal submission deadline (date of receipt 11:00 am CET)
17/05/2021 Feedback for project applications/ label given and national funding procedures start
17/05/2021 Projects can begin
SMART launches annual Calls for Projects, which promote collaborative, international and close-to-market research and innovation around advanced manufacturing technologies. SMART cluster focuses mainly in high tech discrete manufacturing sectors, i.e. aeronautics, automotive, railway, capital goods, consumer durables and any other discrete manufacturing sector, being particularly oriented to support the competitiveness and development of industries, both large and small medium enterprises. Currently 25 countries from the Eureka community support the cluster SMART.
Relevant industry sectors include:
- Consumer Goods
- Capital Goods
- Industrial Components
Advanced Manufacturing technologies to be researched and developed include:
- Advanced Manufacturing Processes
- Smart & Adaptive Manufacturing Systems
- Digital, Virtual and Efficient Companies
- Person-machine Collaboration
- Sustainable Manufacturing
- Customer-Based Manufacturing
Participation is open to companies of all sizes, universities and research organisations.
By participating in a Cluster project, you benefit from:
- access to national R&D funding,
- an international network of companies including key industry players,
- guidance, coaching and monitoring of your project by SMART Eureka cluster office
- low administrative requirements and
- receiving a quality label.
There are limited eligibility criteria for joining a Clusters consortium:
- The project must be directed at researching or developing a product, process or service with the goal of commercialisation (TRL 5-8)
- The project must have a civilian purpose.
- Your consortium must include at least two independent legal entities from a minimum of two Eureka countries.
- Budget of different partners must be balanced
Contact your national funding body and SMART Eureka cluster office to discuss your project idea and eligibility.
Submit your project outline (an overview of the project, its main objective, partnerships and expected impact) and receive feedback.
Submit your final project proposal.
Please note that your national funding body may have additional steps for applying for R&D funding.
Projects Looking for partners section is available for you to publish your project ideas and you can contact SMART members depending on their capabilities to build your consortium.
SMART EUREKA CLUSTER will organise the following events, which offer opportunities for meeting potential project partners:
PO Proposers Day (Online 05/11/2020)