SMART call for projects
SMART has opened a 5th call for organisations collaborating internationally on the R&D of advanced manufacturing projects. By applying and participating, your organisation can access national public funding for your R&D project.
The goal of this call for projects is to boost the competitiveness, growth and attractiveness of discreet manufacturing industries through R&D in an open community of large companies, SMEs, RTOs, academia and end users, in international collaboration.
- Belgium (Flanders)
- Czech Republic
- South Korea
Participation is open to companies of all sizes, universities and research organisations.
By participating in a Cluster project, you benefit from:
- access to national R&D funding,
- an international network of companies including key industry players,
- guidance, coaching and monitoring of your project by SMART office,
- low administrative requirements and
- receiving a quality label.
SMART is a flexible, industry-driven Eureka Cluster programme in advanced manufacturing. Our aim is to promote collaborative, international and close-to-market R&D projects.
As a Eureka Cluster, SMART is grounded in Europe and open to worldwide participants from the Eureka network.
Manufacturing is a vital sector in Europe, fundamental to European development towards a competitive sustainable globalisation. Advanced manufacturing is strongly addressed in most political agendas as a key enabler that will lead European society towards a higher industrial competitiveness, sustainable growth and job creation.
For more details, visit SMART's website or contact the Cluster offices and your national funding body.
- 20 September 2021: Call opens
- 4 November 2021: 5th SMART PO Proposers’ Day
- 24 January 2022: Project outline submission deadline (11:00 CET)
- 7 March 2022: Announcement invitation to present FPP
- 3 May 2022: Full project submission deadline (11:00 CEST)
- 21 June 2022: Selected projects receive SMART label
Eureka has limited eligibility criteria for organisations participating in a Clusters consortium:
- Your project idea must represent international cooperation in the form of a specific project.
- The project must be directed at researching or developing an innovative product, process or service with the goal of commercialisation.
- The project must have a civilian purpose.
- Your consortium must include at least two independent legal entities from a minimum of two Eureka countries.
- No single organisation or country can be responsible for more than 70% of the project budget.
How to apply
- Contact your national funding body and SMART office to discuss your project idea and eligibility.
- Submit your project outline (an overview of the project, its main objective, partnerships and expected impact) and receive feedback.
- Submit your final project proposal.
Please note that your national funding body may have additional steps for applying for R&D funding.
SMART will organise the following events, which offer opportunities for meeting potential project partners:
PO Proposers’ Day on the 4 November 2021.