Xecs call for projects
Xecs, a Eureka Cluster specifically designed to accelerate the pace of sustainable industrial innovation in the electronics components and systems (ECS) community is launching a call for projects for SMEs, large companies, research technology organisations and universities.
You can submit a project outline between 25 September 2023 and 18 January 2024.
The call for projects opens on 25 September 2023 at an Xecs Matchmaking Event in Paris.
- Belgium (Wallonia)
- Belgium (Brussels)
- Belgium (Flanders)
- Czech Republic
- South Korea
- The Netherlands
- United Kingdom
Xecs is a Eureka Cluster specifically designed to accelerate the pace of sustainable industrial innovation in the electronics components and systems community. The intent of Xecs is to create an ambitious international collaboration programme that will result in high levels of societal and economic impact for all those who participate in a Xecs project.
By engaging with all relevant segments of the industrial landscape (large companies, SMEs, research and technology organisations and universities) Xecs projects will go beyond the state-of-the-art, encourage disruptive innovation and enable sustainable competitiveness and growth for all those involved.
Electronic components and systems, and micro- and nanoelectronics-based systems and applications are now the cornerstones of economic and societal development.
Xecs is focused on sustainable digital transformation. Guided by the ECS Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda prepared by experts from three Industry Associations AENEAS, EPoSS and Inside, Xecs' calls for projects address the full electronics components and systems value chain and benefit from the wide dynamic innovation ecosystem stimulated by these industry associations.
Call for projects launches at Xecs matchmaking event: 25 September 2023
Project outline deadline: 18 January 2024
Full project proposal deadline: 18 April 2024
Funding and participation
Participation is open to companies of all sizes, universities and research organisations.
By participating in a Cluster project, you benefit from:
- access to national R&D funding,
- an international network of companies including key industry players,
- guidance, coaching and monitoring of your project by the Xecs office,
- low administrative requirements and
- receiving a quality label.
Xecs funding is provided according to regional/national funding rules and procedures.
To prepare a successful proposal, project participants need to be aware that there may be significant differences in funding procedures depending on national rules.
Contact your national or regional funding body using our contact form below to make sure your project fits within national priorities and funding rules before submitting it to Xecs.
Find your national/regional Xecs contact to get your project funded.
Contact the Xecs office if you have any questions.
Events, webinars and partner search
The ECS collaboration tool can help you to find partners to build a project consortium.
Xecs are hosting a matchmaking event on 25 September 2023.
Join the electronics components and systems community, be part of a global ecosystem and participate in Xecs upcoming call for projects.
Where: Bpifrance, Le Hub, 6-8 Bd Haussmann, 75 009 Paris
When: 10:00-17:00 CEST
Participation is free but registration is required.
About the event
Pitch sessions: Pitch your project ideas in five minutes or discover new ideas in the plenary.
Pitch applications must be submitted via the ECS Collaboration Tool by 14 September 2023. Note that if you pitch, you must have a poster.
Poster session: Present your project idea on a poster and exchange ideas with participants.
Poster applications must be submitted via the ECS Collaboration Tool by 14 September 2023.
SME expertise pitch: A unique opportunity to introduce your SME's expertise in a five minute pitch.
Pitch applications must be submitted to email@example.com by 8 September 2023.
Consortia meeting room: Book a meeting room for one hour to create your consortium.
Applications must be submitted to to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 September 2023.
Recorded public authorities presentations: On top of the live presentations by public funding bodies in the plenary, five-minute recorded presentations will be made available in the public authorities corner.
Public authorities corner: The public authorities corner will include a table and chairs. Signage will be placed in front of the table for the participants.
In the public authorities corner, an interactive device will be placed to give participants the opportunity to listen to your national funding opportunities and eligibility criteria in a five-minute recorded presentation.
10:00 - 10:05 Welcome by Bpifrance
10:05 - 10:10 Xecs benefits from AENEAS ecosystem
10:10 - 10:30 Xecs and launch of call 3
10:30 - 10:45 How to prepare a successful application
10:45 - 11:00 SME testimonial: Why is Xecs a well-fitting scheme?
11:00 - 11:50 National support presented by representatives from funding bodies in Germany, France, the Netherlands, United Kingdom, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria and Türkiye
11:50 - 12:15 Coffee break
12:15 - 13:15 SME and project pitches by the ECS Collaboration Tool applicants
13:15 - 14:15 Lunch break
14:15 - 15:00 Project pitches by the ECS Collaboration Tool applicants
15:00 - 17:00 Matchmaking
The event is sponsored by Bpifrance.
7 September 2023 at 11:00–12:00 CEST
Learn how to:
- Create a project idea
- Apply for pitch and/or poster
- Look for a partner
- Look for other project ideas
- Exchange in the message board
25 October 2023 at 11:00–12:00 CEST
- How to register in the project zone
- What the process flow is when submitting your proposal
- Make you aware of your audience
- The project outline and cost detail annexes
- The next steps
Eureka has limited eligibility criteria for organisations participating in a Clusters consortium:
- Your project idea must represent international cooperation in the form of a specific project.
- Your project is industry-driven, technically innovative and application-oriented.
- Your project must be directed at researching or developing an innovative product, process or service with the goal of commercialisation within two years of being completed.
- Your project must have a civilian purpose.
- Your consortium must include at least two independent legal entities from a minimum of two Eureka countries, covering at least an essential section of the complete electronic components and systems value chain. We recommend involving partners from at least three countries.
- No single organisation or country can be responsible for more than 70% of the project budget.
Your project consortium can be composed of large companies, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), research institutes, universities and end-user organisations (profit or non-profit).
- Contact your national funding body and Xecs office to discuss your project idea and eligibility.
- Create an account in the Project Zone and initiate a project. You can also access the ECS Collaboration Tool to find partners and create a consortium or search for expertise and ideas.
- Submit your project outline (an overview of the project, its main objective, partnerships and expected impact) and receive feedback from technical experts and national funding bodies.
- Submit your final project proposal.