EUROGIA2020 call for projects
EUROGIA2020 has opened a call for organisations collaborating internationally on low-carbon energy R&D projects. By applying and participating, your organisation can access national public funding for your R&D project.
The goal of this call is to collect, analyse and label projects within the EUROGIA2020 scope and developed in a consortium between organisations from at least two different countries.
EUROGIA2020 encourages international cooperation and coordination among companies by promoting the development of low-carbon energy technologies.
- Czech Republic
- The Netherlands
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
Participation is open to companies of all sizes, universities and research organisations.
By participating in a Cluster project, you benefit from:
- access to national R&D funding,
- an international network of companies including key industry players,
- guidance, coaching, and monitoring of your project by the Eurogia2020 office
- low administrative requirements and
- receiving a quality label.
EUROGIA2020 projects develop clean, energy efficient technologies and low carbon solutions for energy generation, distribution, and storage. With EUROGIA2020, you would be helping to develop an inclusive and sustainable energy transition.
- Marine renewable energies
- Oil & gas, green coal
- Fuel cells
- Thermal storage
- Hydrogen storage
Energy efficiency system operation
- Smart grid
- Micro grid
- Smart meters
- Zero carbon buildings
- Co-generation & CHP
- Electronics & appliances
- Smart sensors
Energy management technologies and services
- Demand side management
- Demand forecast
- Energy as a service
- Fueling/ charging infrastructure
ICT for energy applications
- Data storage
- Carbon capture, storage and utilisation
- Equipment and material innovation
For this call, you are invited to submit a Project Outline (PO), which is the first step of the EUROGIA2020 submission process. The proposal can be simple, unline the Full Project Proposal (FPP), which is submitted in the second step.
Your consortium will have the chance to present the PO at the EUROGIA2020 Technical Committee meeting which will happen in the second half of September in a 20 minute presentation followed by a Q&A session, in order to get the recommendations from the experts.
The relevant national funding body representatives are also invited as observers. Templates of the PO document and presentation can be found on the EUROGIA2020 website.
- 4th of September: Call deadline – Submit Project Outline (PO)
- second half of September: Consortium hearing in front of Technical Committee
Second phase Full Project Proposal (FPP)
- October 2020: Celtic-Eurogia 2nd joint call
- December 2020: EUROGIA2020 call 17
There are limited eligibility criteria for joining a Clusters consortium:
- The project must be directed at researching or developing a product, process or service with the goal of commercialisation.
- The project must have a civilian purpose.
- Your consortium must include at least two independent legal entities from a minimum of two Eureka countries.
- EUROGIA2020 projects must clearly show technical innovation in the future product, process or service (either through using new devices or in the utilisation of existing devices in a new application).
- The project must have a strong market and exploitation orientation.
- The contribution from any given country must not exceed 66% of the total budget. In parallel, the contribution from any one partner (affiliated organisations count as one partner) must not exceed 66% of the total budget.
How to apply
- Use the contact form to discuss your project idea and eligibility.
- Create an account on Eurogia2020 application portal.
- Submit your project outline (an overview of the project, its main objective, partnerships and expected impact) and receive feedback. Templates of the PO document and presentation can be found on the EUROGIA2020 website.
- Submit your final project proposal.
Please note that your national funding body may have additional steps for applying for R&D funding.
EUROGIA2020 is launching a Brokerage Webinar, which will take place online the 31 August, 15:00–17:00 CET. This webinar is in preparation of this call, which will last until 4 September, and of the Celtic-Eurogia joint call in October. During the webinar you will have the chance to present a project idea in the pitch session.
The purpose of this Brokerage Webinar is to:
- put the participants in contact with the EUROGIA2020 community, and inform them about the current activities and events of interest,
- gather a portfolio of project ideas that could evolve later into EUROGIA2020 Project Outlines (PO) and Full Project Proposals (FPP),
- help the proposers to identify potential partners providing the missing expertise and organise further actions and meetings, with the support of the EUROGIA2020 Office and the EUROGIA2020 website and
- enhance the EUROGIA2020 community and increase the momentum of technology development for the energy transition.
Brokerage Webinar Agenda
- 15:00-15:05: Introduction by Niccolò Cividini (Eurogia Office Manager);
- 15:05-15:10: Welcome speech by Murat Pinar (President of EUROGIA2020);
- 15:10-15:30: Presentation of the call 16 and Celtic-Eurogia joint call by Sinem Altuncu (EUROGIA2020 General Manager) and Pierre Besse (Eurogia Technical Committee Chairman);
- 15:30-15:45: Insight from Public Authorities (Cagri Yildirim - TUBITAK);
- 15:45: Introduction to Brokerage Session by Niccolo Cividini
- 15:45-16:45: Brokerage Session