Eurostars call for projects
Our Eurostars programme is open for your project applications!
Eurostars is a joint programme co-funded by national and regional funding bodies from 36 countries and the European Union through Horizon 2020. By participating, organisations can access public funding for international collaborative R&D projects.
If you are an R&D-performing SME in need of funding for your innovative project, Eurostars has been designed to meet your specific needs.
- Define your project idea
- Collaborate internationally, sharing expertise
- Develop products, processes or services that can be easily commercialised
You can submit your R&D project application between 4 December 2020 and 4 February 2021. Your project consortium must have an R&D-performing SME in the leading role, but it can also include large companies, universities and research organisations.
- Belgium (Brussels)
- Belgium (Flanders)
- Belgium (Wallonia)
- Czech Republic
- The Netherlands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
The amount of funding your organisation receives when you participate in a Eurostars project is managed by your national or regional funding body.
Discover what funding is available for your organisation in your country on our country-specific pages and contact your national or regional funding body using our contact form.
All types of organisation based in any country can participate in a Eurostars project consortium even if you are not eligible to receive funding. Contact your national or regional funding body to see whether there are funding opportunities available or talk to them about self-funding.
Contact your national or regional funding body, as there may be additional criteria for projects to be eligible to receive funding.
Eurostars has a centralised and transparent evaluation process for selecting projects to receive funding.
Learn more about our evaluation and monitoring process.
How to apply
Submitting your Eurostars application is designed to be quick and simple. It gives you the opportunity to tell us more about your organisation and the innovative new product, process or service you plan to research or develop.
- Contact your national or regional funding body using the form below to discuss your project idea, funding rules in your country, financial viability and eligibility.
- Create an account (one per project application) on our Eurostars application portal. On receiving a verification email, you will have access to the online application form.
- Using the portal, complete one application form per consortium (in English) and submit it electronically. The portal allows you to save, revisit and edit your application form, giving you time to confirm that all information is correct.
- Upload your annexes by attaching them to your online application form. We strongly recommend that you attach two financial reports from the past two financial years. These can be in your national language.
Only organisations that are 100% publicly funded (e.g. universities, hospitals etc.) do not have to supply these documents. If you are unable to provide a financial report (e.g. if you are a startup), a business plan may be submitted instead.
You have the option of including one additional annex to your application that is related to your project.
- Ensure that you submit your completed application form and annexes before the deadline.
Please note: Your national or regional funding body may need you to complete additional steps to apply to Eurostars. If you do not provide the information required by your national or regional funding body, you may render yourself ineligible for public funding.
Contact your national or regional funding body below to discuss which documents they need.