ITEA 3 call for projects
Project Outline submission deadline: from 7 September 2020 to 10 November 2020
ITEA 3 has opened a call for organisations collaborating internationally on the R&D of software innovation and digital transformation projects. By applying and participating, your organisation can access national public funding for your R&D project.
You can submit your R&D project application between 7 September and 10 November by visiting ITEA 3’s website.
- The Netherlands
- United Kingdom
- Belgium (Flanders)
- Belgium (Brussels)
- South Korea
- Czech Republic
- United States
In a rapidly changing society where societal challenges are omnipresent, digitisation is no longer an option but should be regarded as an opportunity to create innovative solutions. Digital technology will be applied in all aspects of society, touching every element of people’s lives. Software innovation is a core component for mastering this digital transition, and this is the core focus of ITEA 3.
ITEA 3’s main challenges focus on:
- Smart Mobility
- Smart Health
- Safety and Security
- Smart engineering
- Smart communities
- Smart cities
- Smart industry
Participation is open to companies of all sizes, universities and research organisations.
By participating in a Cluster project, you benefit from:
• access to national R&D funding,
• an international network of companies including key industry players,
• guidance, coaching and monitoring of your project by the ITEA office,
• low administrative requirements and
• receiving a quality label.
Call for projects opens: 7 September 2020
Online ITEA PO Days 2020: 7-11 September 2020
Project Outline submission deadline (date of receipt CET): 10 November 2020
Full project proposal submission deadline (date of receipt CET): 15 February 2021
Label announcements and national funding procedures start: 29 March 2021
There are limited eligibility criteria for joining a Clusters consortium:
• The project must be directed at researching or developing a product, process or service with the goal of commercialisation.
• The project must have a civilian purpose.
• Your consortium must include at least two independent legal entities from a minimum of two Eureka countries.
- Contact your national funding body and ITEA 3 Office to discuss your project idea and eligibility. Create or login with your account on ITEA’s application portal.
- Submit your Project Outline (an overview of the project, its main objective, partnerships and expected impact) and receive feedback.
- Submit your final project proposal.
Please note that your national funding body may have additional steps for applying for R&D funding.
The ITEA Project Idea tool can also support you. You can use it to promote your project idea and find partners to build a project consortium.
Your project will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
• Rationale of the project
• Market view
• Technology view
• Rationale for funding
• Work descriptions (only for FPP)
More information on the evaluation criteria can be found on the link.
If the full consortium agrees, all organisations in any country can participate in a project consortium even if they are not eligible to receive funding.
ITEA 3 is organising the following events (from 7-11 September 2020), which offer opportunities for meeting potential project partners:
• Online ITEA PO preparation days 2020